Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    That news is so disappointed!

ReputationRep:
    That is so wrong-seriously-since when did a little gadjet which will probably be replaced by a new one next year become more important than a sacred human life.

ReputationRep:
    OMG, thats why guys never boast ure gadgets areound town, or else you might get stabbed for it.

truly senseless people are roaming around this world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LHMarsh10)
    Gosh that really is worrying. It's getting ridiculous. And that story about the guy killing his baby 'coz she was distracting him from his gamecube is sick sick SICK - just shows how messed up people's values are these days. Some people just shouldn't be allowed to be parents. :mad:
    Sure your not talking about the 14year old kid who stabbed his baby cousin because he distracted himm from his gamecube. Luckily the baby survived.

But its totally wrong are society is chaging in this way. Yob culture is degrading our country.. and the world. Tragic.

ReputationRep:
    That's really awful. This world just gets worse and worse when someone is killed for an ipod. I remember a pensioner up here was mugged for her fish and chip supper. She was 80/90 odd bless her and these thugs thought it would be funny. Its just disgusting that people don't value another person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beekeeper)
    lol, Tyne and Wear Metro = most evil tube system in the world. It is the only one that scares me.
    I've never had any problems with it. But I get the airport line, it's not so scary me thinks than the other lines.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why someone has to feel so scared as to not use their ipod in public (on the bus/train etc). If you act like that you might aswell give away your ipod to them as you are not allowing yourself to use it when you want to because of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    This is truly messed up...

http://money.cnn.com/2005/07/06/news...ex.htm?cnn=yes
    People suck! =\

ReputationRep:
    what a sad world we live in

ReputationRep:
    eugh! i dont understand! why is the world becoming a worse and worse place to live in? There is no vision of common good or sense of unity or morality in this place anymore. I want to change it all... if i could.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanzing)
    Sure your not talking about the 14year old kid who stabbed his baby cousin because he distracted himm from his gamecube. Luckily the baby survived.

But its totally wrong are society is chaging in this way. Yob culture is degrading our country.. and the world. Tragic.
    I read today that a 7 year old boy on playstation kept losing his game as his baby nephew was distracting him. He stabbed and killed him, is being charged with attempted murder I think. He said he didn't think it would hurt him...! I suppose 7 is not half as bad as a full grown person killing people - they know what they are doing.

Yep, Tyne and Wear metro - I never use it alone after about 9, too dangerous. Especially the little stations, my boyfriend lives near Pelaw and Heworth - both the scenes of knife murders in the past year or so!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh this really is rediculous. Poor guy! It wouldn't be any more acceptable, but it would be a bit more understandable if he was carrying £50k on him... but for an iPod? The benefits of commiting the crime is far outweighed by the cost if they get caught! What? £160 profit and a life sentence. :rolleyes:
    Really... the calibre of the criminals in this country these days!

ReputationRep:
    my boyfriend doesnt use his Ipod earphones which tik is pretty smart. if you're walking through rough area, white ear phones stand out more, and they know its an I pod, more valuble than a cd walkan or mp3 player.

ReputationRep:
    I wear my iPod everywhere, I can't help it. I'm addicted. I have to have my music with me, it really does make me happy. But I don't have white iPod headphones, namely because they're crap, but also because you do get mugged. I've got black/blue Panasonic ones, although they do look a bit weird with my pink iPod (they clash together, don't look as pretty as the white. ).

However, I have to admit I do thread mine through me, and "wire myself up" as I like to say. It's a habit from school. I used to take my iPod into school and listen to it there as well (especially during Maths!), but of course you ain't allowed them in school, so I used to thread the wires up my jumper. I still do it now, I don't understand how people can't because otherwise, when you take them out of your ears, they hang to the floor. If I take mine out for a second, they just dangle from my collar! Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

But yeah, so for me, it's a thread through, blue/black Panasonic headphones, and I usually shove it in my pocket.

I'm not too suprised by this at all though. It smacks of a few months ago when that kid got stabbed and murdered in London for his baseball cap (It was New Era). It doesn't suprise me at all; and that's a very, very bad thing.

But yeah, it annoys me when morons go round flashing their iPods because they're just asking for trouble.

Oh and about people talking about £20 headphones. Aren't they all around that price bracket? That's how much mine cost, but I thought all decent ones cost around £20?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by * gemchicken *)
    That's really awful. This world just gets worse and worse when someone is killed for an ipod. I remember a pensioner up here was mugged for her fish and chip supper. She was 80/90 odd bless her and these thugs thought it would be funny. Its just disgusting that people don't value another person.
    I remember that incident, was shocking!!! Some parts of society are definately on a downward spiral. I must admit that just like zhivago I wear my i-pod pretty much everywhere. I'm not out to show off that I have an i-pod but the headphones in my phone have uber awesome sound quality and as such i'm not going to change them. But then again I don't strap my i-pod to my jeans belt or wear it around my neck of anything like that. It's usually in a pocket with much of the headphones wiring under my clothes (although the headphones are tell tale sign).

However, living in a ruralish setting with really low crime rates I am quite comfortable doing so... but when I go on the london underground for example my ipod is in my pocket, off and with the earphones - just don't want to risk it!!!

Smiler

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it getting really bad now. I mean, when I was on holiday in New York about a month ago, there was a news report there about a murder where a mother had left her 9-yr-old daughter and her 11-yr-old friend playing in the house whilst she popped round the corner to get some milk. Whilst she was out, the girls had a fight for some reason and the 11-yr-old stabbed her 9-yr-old friend to death. How bad is that?! Imagine how that poor mum must have felt to find her daughter dead.
    Tragic.

ReputationRep:
    Well duh...

I never wear my iPod in public (as in on the streets) and if I use it on a train or bus I thread the wire up my sleeve and cover the earphones by letting my hair down over them.

thats crazy and sad!how the heck could someone do that?

ReputationRep:
    thats crazy and sad!how the heck could someone do that?
    some people even kill for a glass of water

ReputationRep:
    That is (excuse my language) fcking AWFUL!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?! :mad: :mad: :mad:

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.