Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi ppl..cud sum1 plz help me with this question? its about the diffraction of waves (i hate waves...lol) ok heres the question:

a beam of microwaves is directed at two slits in a metal sheet (the pic is attached). P and R are two adjacent positions where a microwave detector would register readings. Use the diagram to determine the wavelenth of the microwaves.

( i was doing 420-442 to get the wavelength but i dont think its that easy..cud sum1 plz explain how to do it???
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    i think it is that easy. constructive interference happens when the coherent waves are 'n' wavelenths apart. As p and r are adjascent, the distances have a difference of one wavelenth, so the wavelength is 22mm... methinks

ReputationRep:
    hi thanx for replying tishysquishy! r u sure its that easy? i get so confused will all this wave stuff..lol..but if u say so thanx once again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nemo199)
    hi thanx for replying tishysquishy! r u sure its that easy? i get so confused will all this wave stuff..lol..but if u say so thanx once again
    it is that easy - should only be a 1 or max two mark question...how much is it worth?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 7, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.