Personal statements anyone? Watch

This discussion is closed.
fi x
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm going to ask anyway. (Apologies if this is on a diferent thread, had a look but couldn't find one)
Does anyone have their vetmed personal statements kicking around that they would be able to send me? PM or email if you are at Cambridge or Liverpool!
I would be very grateful and any senders will receive my eternal love and gratitude (plus a bonus drink if I end up at their uni-wahey!!).
Thank you so much, it really would be appreciated muchly

Mod Edit: Don't post your e-mail address.
Vet In Progress
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I will search out my personal statament and email it to you. I didn't apply to Cambridge, but I did get an offer from Liverpool (although I'm now at Bristol)

Tam
fi x
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by Vet In Progress)
I will search out my personal statament and email it to you. I didn't apply to Cambridge, but I did get an offer from Liverpool (although I'm now at Bristol)

Tam
Thank you! Much appreciated, xxxx

P.S. how is bristol as a vet school?
nicolappp
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
hi ive just drafted my ps and was wondering whether anyone would be able to send me a copy of theirs it would be great to get an idea of the standard expected my email is

ProvenAngel
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hey guys! Just emailed both of u with mine It got me 2 offers and im hopefully going to Liverpool this september!

Good luck with it all! Feel free to ask any questions about applications (or my PS!) :p:
nicolappp
Report 13 years ago
thank you sooo much just wondering when did you submit your UCAS application form i know the deadline is Oct 15th but do they prefer you to get it in earlier
aka_chloe
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
im really sorry to be really rude but could you or someone also post me a copy of theirs aswell?
aka_chloe
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
sorry again..emails ..

ProvenAngel
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by nicolappp)
thank you sooo much just wondering when did you submit your UCAS application form i know the deadline is Oct 15th but do they prefer you to get it in earlier
No probs

From what i remember, so long as you do meet the deadline, the application is ALWAYS considered. But you are right, it IS best to get the application in as soon as possible, because the admissions tutors are v v v busy during the application process and have to sift thru each form they recieve very quickly. Because of this, they may take more time over the first few applications they recieve as the bulk of appliations tend to be made very near to the deadline. So the earlier you get it in, not only does it look better for you, but it MAY put you at an advantage. Thats wot i was told anyway! :p: I know that once i heard that, i wanted mine finished as soon as possible, and as it happens my UCAS form form was the first to be handed in completed in my whole year!!

So yea, as early as poss, but so long as you make the deadline, its all splendid
ProvenAngel
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by aka_chloe)
im really sorry to be really rude but could you or someone also post me a copy of theirs aswell?
Your not being rude at all! Its on its way! x
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Just to warn you guys, giving out email addresses (especially hotmail) is not too wise on a public forum. Ask for PMs and then share e-mail addresses if you will.
bennyboyhanning
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hi there, i see some people have sent their veterinary personal statement to fi x and was wondering if it i could be cheeky and also ask for anyone to send me theirs too? Please contact via PM
-sophie-
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Anyone send me a copy? cheers guys! x

Vet In Progress
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I've sent mine to you in a PM, Sophie.
michaela_banana
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If anyone could PM me thier ps or make contact re. an e-amil that would be super duper. I'm having a lot of trouble keeping mine to 4000 characters. Any tips??? (ps. any school welcome, could you please say who accepted and who didn't from each statement so i can relate to where i'm applying b/c i know the different schools look for very slightly different things)

Cheers very very much
Sugar_Puff_Fairy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm gonna be a pain in the arse now.... Please add me to the lost of ppl getting your personal statements. Thank u, you're all great x
fairy princess
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I would also be realllllly grateful if i you could send me copies too. thanks :smile:
Kicky
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Please could you send me a copy too. Thanks soooo much
DrAimee
Report 13 years ago
Hey,

I have just got a place for medicine and i'll happily read over any personal statements. I can't send you mine though cause firstly I did a premed so it wont be appropriate for most of you anyway and secondly its not on this comp.

Feel free to email me on ...

Aimee

Kerrie
Report 13 years ago
Would you be able to send me a copy too?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (22)
25.88%
No - I got the required grades (52)
61.18%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (11)
12.94%

Watched Threads