The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
*starry_eyed_*
i wasn't sayin the attack was al because of the game... its just obsessed individuals who go too far :frown:

yah but you blame the game.

im saying its not the game, if the wierdos.
if there werent games, theyd get obsessed with something else!
Reply 21
its not all games... its just the games that are violent and addictive

It was nothing to do with the game. The guy was just an impatient tosser
kikzen
yah but you blame the game.

im saying its not the game, if the wierdos.
if there werent games, theyd get obsessed with something else!

i'm not blaming only the game... the game is to blame for only a minority... its more to do with the few weirdos who get lost in it all
Reply 23
How can anyone sit on a sofa whilst two babies are crushed underneath?! It's sickening and it just shocks me about how in-humane people in this world can actually be. It's terrifying.
Okay, i think we've established that the kid was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time... :rolleyes:
Beekeeper
Okay, i think we've established that the kid was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time... :rolleyes:

yes and that leads to me to think that it doesn't matter why and how this psycho could do that... its the fact that he did
Reply 26
foxo
That's absolutely horrible.

Although, I can't help but wonder why on earth you read The Mirror.

:rofl: :rofl: classic!
I get the urge to stab babies every time I play tetris, who doesn't?
Reply 28
cheesecakebobby

:confused: :eek:
thats so horrible! :frown:
That is horrible. Makes you wonder why people like that are loose in society...

Anyway, I don't think games are entirely to blame (yep, did this in Media, so it's a speciality :biggrin:). While we can see that certain individuals may be influenced by constantly playing games, shown in the hypodermic syringe theory, the majority of people are not affected by games in such a drastic manner, even over time as the Cultural Effects theory claims. Think how many people play games, and how few of them commit crimes.

cheesecakebobby

:toofunny:. Yet how true. We cannot simply blame the games for influencing the man. This hyped-up anti-gamer 'atomised society' is mainly created by the media searching for a scapegoat - in this pollitically correct world, it's never the killer's fault, it's always "the movie child's play influenced them" or "manhunt influenced him" - the Daily Mail is especially prone to grabbing the accused's hobby and blaming it for their actions. Yet normally there is little truth in these allegations - for example, I play games such as GTA & Halo, but that doesn't mean I grab the nearest handgun and carjack a car :wink:.

Anyway, essay over! :smile:

-Saruman
Reply 31
Saruman, are you a fellow Edge reader?

Anyway, enough with the stupid generalisations about videogames. I bet that half the people against them are those who were just really bad at Pong and Space Invaders and hold this against games for the rest of their life. :wink:
Reply 32
*starry_eyed_*
yes.. the psycho ... under the influence of the computer game

Don't be silly.

its not all games... its just the games that are violent and addictive

Again it's the people that are to blame. Is watching the news violent and addictive because of all the atrocities around the world?

If you don't even play games why comment?
Reply 33
The baby, who was "grey and floppy". Computer games are fine, if you play them in moderation and can see them as "games only". This cock seems really sad to be so emmersed in computer games. He deserves to sent to prison and get the ***** kicked out of him (there is plenty of that inside him I am sure).
Reply 34
Again, his hobby has nothing to do with the methods of violence this man committed. He's quite obviously crazy, and furthermore, I'd place a safe bet that he was under the influence of alcohol.

I too play extremely violent videogames at times. However, you're much more likely to provoke an aggressive reaction from me when I'm immersed in a good book.
Reply 35
heres another games related one - baby stabbed by 11 year old after it disturbed him from playing the incredibles
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/humber/4653087.stm
fernando
heres another games related one - baby stabbed by 11 year old after it disturbed him from playing the incredibles

No way, he probably just slipped... *ahem*
fernando

Yup, that was also in the paper, The Mirror
Reply 38
foxo
you're much more likely to provoke an aggressive reaction from me when I'm immersed in a good book.

A jolly respectable and orthodox way of being engaged in a good 'ol fisty cuffs! *snort*
Reply 39
Beekeeper
No way, he probably just slipped... *ahem*

you cant blame that on the game surely - otherwise lets make the incredibles a 15

Latest

Trending

Trending