Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemistBoy)
    Is that the one that used to be the palais? Have heard good things.

Don't go to jumping jacks, it is a shithole.
    Yeah it is, but I've not made it there yet.

And I second the jumping jacks comment, unless you're very, very drunk.

The Pit and Pendulum is nice... try and drink all the 7 Deadly Sins!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brown Eyed Girl)
    the pit and the pendulum is a grogeous pub... they have mini thrones at the tables... its all edgar allen poe theme that one. part of the eerie pub co.
    the have gorgeous cocktail last time i went - 7 deadly sins

i want to go back to nottingham
    going there this coming wednesday, want to come??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    Yeah it is, but I've not made it there yet.

And I second the jumping jacks comment, unless you're very, very drunk.

The Pit and Pendulum is nice... try and drink all the 7 Deadly Sins!
    very true bout jumping jacks, defo not a good starting place

ReputationRep:
    I don't know Notts but I was speaking to my friends sister who is at Nottingham University and she said the nightlife is proper happenin' and buzzin.

ReputationRep:
    if u get the chance i'd also go for a drink at 'the brass monkey' great cocktails !!
    there are loadsa bars so go in one if u dont like it wont b much of a walk to the next

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_roadkill)
    I don't know Notts but I was speaking to my friends sister who is at Nottingham University and she said the nightlife is proper happenin' and buzzin.
    its busier at night than it is in the day

ReputationRep:
    On a saturday? hmm, the only place i'd consider would be Rock City but if you want a proper night out then def go for Oceana.

Ocean and the Works will be full of *******s and skanky ho's, if you like that sort of thing.

Remember your id if you look under 21, the whole city is cracking down at the moment

ReputationRep:
    best in notts atm is easily oceania pricey but worth it!

ReputationRep:
    Somebody take me to Nottingham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_roadkill)
    agrred although i'm substituting the chavvy words for,., AWESOME and A LAF

ReputationRep:
    Haven't been to the Oceana in Nottingham but I'm a regular at the one in Kingston and it's a pretty good night out. At the Kingston one everything is half price on Mondays and Wedsendays (which works out as £2 a JD and Coke, or £2 a pint), is it the same at Notts?

ReputationRep:
    sounds like decent havoc.. cant wait to absorb some nightlife..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by finnstar)
    sounds like decent havoc.. cant wait to absorb some nightlife..

hehe it is aweomse!

ReputationRep:
    Jump you go to Kingston? Where do you live? xx

ReputationRep:
    I would suggests Pitcher and Piano, awesome place. Also a nice bar would be Brass Monkey, Quilted Lama, and Casa - the last one being by the river.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mousey)
    Jump you go to Kingston? Where do you live? xx
    Kingston

ReputationRep:
    I went up to Nottingham last weekend with two mates to have a look round before I start in September.
    We wernt really sure where all the best nightclubs/bars were (we are geographically challenged!) so we went to a few pubs first, then Browns which was really nice and has THE NICEST LOOKING BAR MEN EVER!! After we headed to Mode as it was right by our hotel. The club is OK, but nowt special. but its my kinda music so we just pitched up and danced all night. There was a few dodgy looking characters (in their gansta get up!) in there, but they were harmless.

Im really looking forward to getting back down there in September. Visting on a weekend was a really good idea, I was very impressed.

However, we went to the SU bar, the ARK, and were real dissapointed as its tiny. We left abit dissapointed hoping there was more to it that we just dint see!

ReputationRep:
    There's a whole section to your left that's there on the way in that you might not have seen. It's not huge, but it's not exactly small either. xx

ReputationRep:
    Tantra is really good they play funky music and is open late the beds are so cool. Me and my friends go on a Monday when bottles of wine are £5 and hire the beds out.
    I also like skin bar the cocktails are gorgeous but are £8 each.

I love the pitcher and piano i know a couple of ppl who work there and they do gorgeous cocktail jugs for £10 with NUS mon-Thurs.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone's forgetting Market Bar - that's pretty cool although can be full of stuck up people. I havent been back since i lowered the tone by getting blind drunk, falling asleep in the toilets and chatting up the barmen.
    Oh and i used to work at Rock City - brillo if it's your thing. There are some odd bods tho..

Another cool bar is Cocoa Lounge - its so cool! Hot barmen too and yummy cocktails.

I'd avoid The Works like a plague - The Bomb is so cool - it's all underground (literally) and i've got lost a few times. Only thing is, the walls tend to sweat when there's loads of people in there.
    :-\

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 23, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.