Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago

MP Activity and Voting Records

The Speaker is mandated by A114 to monitor and record the activity of Members of Parliament as follows:

1) Four weeks after the State Opening of Parliament, the Speaker will publish a voting review outlining the turnout of each MP to all Division Lobby votes so far that term excluding amendments.

2) Vacant seats and seats with an attendance strictly less than 70% will be highlighted as under consideration for removal.

3) Four weeks after the previous voting review, another voting review will be published.
a) Seats will again be highlighted as under consideration for removal if they are vacant or have an attendance strictly less than 70%
b) A highlighted seat which was also highlighted in any previous voting review during the same term will be put up for by-election; normal by-election procedures apply.
c) Parties whose seat(s) were put up for by-election as the result of a voting review are prohibited from participating in the resultant by-election.

4) A new voting review is published every four weeks after and these procedures are repeated until the end of term.

5) In exceptional circumstances, the Speaker may choose not to conduct a voting review or to not carry out a by-election, and should inform the House of such intention.

This thread is an archive of all voting updates over the years.

The current Rolling Voting Record can be found here.

This thread was originally created by former Speaker DayneD89, and is currently maintained by the incumbent Speaker PetrosAC.

Records by Parliament

11th Parliament and before
Spoiler:
Show

ImageImage

ImageImage

12th–16th Parliament:
Spoiler:
Show

17th–18th Parliament:

19th–20th Parliament:

21st Parliament:

22nd Parliament:

Please contact the Speaker if you have any queries regarding MP voting and attendance.
Thunder and Jazz
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ah, this seems like an easier way of doing it than spreadsheet programs. Nice job Dayne.
username280380
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
why do I now expect my job in the subforum to be killed?
Thunder and Jazz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well, it's not a job, you just felt like doing it :p:
username280380
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeh - it keeps me entertained.
adamrules247
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Any chance of this being updated.
DayneD89
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There you go, updated. That took far too long.
Thunder and Jazz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think it should be noted that kij has voted on three of the total bills so far, according to these records.
DayneD89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
I think it should be noted that kij has voted on three of the total bills so far, according to these records.
Feel free to check anything. Its possible I've made mistakes.
username280380
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Whats the proceedings for an inactive independant? Is it like the inactive party thing?
DayneD89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Afcwimbledon2)
Whats the proceedings for an inactive independant? Is it like the inactive party thing?
There really isnt one. The only thing that could be done is an election, so kij can be as inactive as he wants.
Thunder and Jazz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I was more pointing it out, as opposed to critiquing your work Dayne
DayneD89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I know, and I'm sure I got the kij ones right, I was just saying in general that there could well be mistakes in this.
username280380
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DayneD89)
There really isnt one. The only thing that could be done is an election, so kij can be as inactive as he wants.
Ok, thanks dayne - me got an idea for a new amendmant.
adamrules247
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My goodness, which Lib Dem voted for Bill 222, ie Prison Reform Bill? Didn't see that coming. Oh and thanks for the update Dayne, makes interesting reading.
DayneD89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by adamrules247)
My goodness, which Lib Dem voted for Bill 222, ie Prison Reform Bill? Didn't see that coming. Oh and thanks for the update Dayne, makes interesting reading.
Lefty leo and birchington. And your welcome.
DayneD89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Updated for V242
Drogue
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Here's a spreadsheet of how every MP has voted this term. Congratulations to Afcwimbledon2, Birchington, lotsofsnails and ThePants999, the only MPs to have voted on every bill and motion this term. Also, congratulations to Labour for having the highest voting percentage - 80.15%, closely followed by the Centre on 79.41% and the Tories on 77.65%.

I've played about with a bit of analysis too. Firstly, next to each party, I've added a little formula to give an idea of how the party voted as a whole on each bill: if more than half the MPs voted Aye or No, it shows that, if neither it shows Abstain. Secondly, there's a second sheet showing who agrees with who. What this does is to take a pair, for example Lib Dems and Drogue, gives it a score of 1 for every time they voted the same way, a score of -1 for every time one voted Aye and the other No, and a score of 0 otherwise, then adds up the score on all bills this term. It's not perfect by any means, as it doesn't take into account how strongly an individual feels about a vote or how strongly a party vote for something (just whether a majority voted one way), but it should give an idea.

Sorry this took so long, I hope it's useful!
adamrules247
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Very nice.
Thunder and Jazz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Excellent work Drogue
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (3)
15%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (7)
35%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (10)
50%

Watched Threads