The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Australia or America. They seem both vibrant and very exciting! They are also so much bigger then anything I have ever experienced! :biggrin:
Reply 2
Austrailia. cause I am after Uni.
Reply 3
Vanuatu
Its a tax haven :cool: with no extradition treaty
Reply 4
looking into canada, probably within 5 years (1 year to finish uni, 4 to get some work experience behind me).
Reply 5
Germany - Berlin, to be precise. Absolutely fantastic city. However, I'd rather stay in Edinburgh, and I shall hopefully stay there for the rest of my life, as I'm hoping to study Scots Law at Edinburgh Uni and become an Advocate (Barrister) practising in Edinburgh.
Spain.....:love: the sun
Reply 7
I've starting applying for a visa to go to Canada, in the province of Quebec to be more precise. It's a two-level process: first you get accepted by Quebec then you go through the standard Canadian visa process.

It's such a headache to get the documents together, I'm wondering if I'm going to bother. Plus it's fairly expensive, about 500 pounds to apply.
Reply 8
Gwenyth!
shouldn't it be easier because you were already a student here? why Quebec - Ontario's just as nice :wink:

Yeah it gives me points but it doesn't make the process any easier. It might just speed the process up or increase my chances of being accepted.
It helps if I say I know someone in Quebec. I'm thinking of giving my ex's name :redface:

and Ontario's alright but Quebec's more exciting, well especially Montreal.
Reply 9
Everyone knows BC is the place to be :P
Reply 10
monaco
Reply 11
the_sand_man
what country would u emigrat to and why

Spain!!!!!!!!!!! Its luurvely.
Reply 12
Australia, without a doubt. I'm saving now to go there in my *possible* gap year. I plan to live there for around 5 or so years when I'm older. I love England so I wouldn't want to stay in Australia my whole life. But I can definitely see me leaving there for about 5 years in my mid 20s.
Reply 13
Either Australia or Dubai
Ynox
Everyone knows BC is the place to be :P

Not for anyone who's been to Montreal. Montreal is hedonistic, one of the coolest cities in North America.
I don't think I could emigrate to be honest :confused: I just think England is the best place to be living at the present.

Michael
Reply 16
I just think England is the best place to be living at the present.

It's quite safe I feel, which is good. :biggrin:
Gwenyth!
:eek:

I'll give you that. But don't forget, northern Ontario has lots of lovely black flies that bite when you go to your cottage. :hmpf:
So, no Hamilton then?

(also getting 'move to canada' google ads now :p: )

Hamilton was alright to spend a year at uni. It probably would have been nice to spend all my uni days there. Compared to that, being at Imperial is awful.
But living there your whole life must be a bit boring.
By the way, did you know that the Appleton sisters from All Saints are from Hamilton? Ok that was pretty random...

Montreal I think it is... Toronto is slightly tempting too and the Maritimes..
France
Reply 19
Next summer I'm planning on going out to Malta or Cyprus to work for a bit. If immigration law was no object, probably Canada or the US (New England or California) and if language barrier was no object, Italy or Monaco.

Latest

Trending

Trending