Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am in something of a financial blackhole, and am facing the very real possibility of having to undertake my graduate study on a p/t basis. I am wondering if any of you (in London), have had the experience of studying p/t and working alongside it as a way of financing it.

What type of work is suitable for that purpose?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legbreakgoogly)
    I am in something of a financial blackhole, and am facing the very real possibility of having to undertake my graduate study on a p/t basis. I am wondering if any of you (in London), have had the experience of studying p/t and working alongside it as a way of financing it.

What type of work is suitable for that purpose?
    Hiya!

I have just finished my MSc in Health Psychology which was a part time evening course on Monday and Tuesday at Westminster Uni. Def not a great uni, but at least it allowed me to work nealry full time and get a BPS grad degree and stage 1 of becoming a chartered health psychologist.

Let me tell you, that it was VERY tough going juggling work alongside evening part time study. You will have to be extremley motivated to do study after a long day at work and over the weekends. My job at the time was temping with admin work so it didnt take much out of me. However, eventually I landed a locum research job wand a volunteer Assistant Psychologist hich allowed me to write up assigmnts based at the two work places for my MSc. For example, a study that I was carrying out for my dissertation was conduted a year proior to the dissertation deadline at work.

I suggest that you find work experience that is relevant to your potential MSc as it will reduce your work load substanitally.

Hope this helps!

Simba

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.