Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I still did not get answer

I hav heard that the things u do at Alevels are pretty much same as u do in the first of UNI. is it true??

ReputationRep:
    Yes you did, the answer was, almost always, no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Yes you did, the answer was, almost always, no.
    thats what i was thinking why wud we will be repeating same thing over and over,
    may be it mite com up with different level but not same as Alevel!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahyolmu)
    I still did not get answer

I hav heard that the things u do at Alevels are pretty much same as u do in the first of UNI. is it true??
    Depends on the degree and where you take it. A lot of biological degrees don't require you to have A level biology so at first they recap that for the benefit of those who took other A levels. Although they covered my entire A level biology syllabus in about four weeks here... humbling!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    Depends on the degree and where you take it. A lot of biological degrees don't require you to have A level biology so at first they recap that for the benefit of those who took other A levels. Although they covered my entire A level biology syllabus in about four weeks here... humbling!

aaaaaa wish its same for my mech engineering course hehe

thanks to u lot

ReputationRep:
    a few people ive spoken to said that a2 levels will be the hardest yr of ur life. uni is much more flexible and easier to handle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moochy)
    a few people ive spoken to said that a2 levels will be the hardest yr of ur life. uni is much more flexible and easier to handle.
    Ignore this advice. Uni is not a walk in the park.

ReputationRep:
    I am spending around 50 hours a week studying and I am in the 2nd year. I am only at an average university.

You can doss about at uni but you will lucky to get a pass at the most. To get the higher marks 2:1 or above it is very very hard.

It may partly depend on the course and also standards tend to vary. But if it was easy it would be a farse quite frankly. Degrees are not supposed to be easy that is the point.

University is actually about studying, the social life is just an extra that goes with it. I have found the people that have gone to uni just to avoid getting a job have no motivation and are hanging on there like a thread of string. I have no time for lazy *****.

ReputationRep:
    The beginning of the 1st year started off with recaps, but it goes into more detail, and in biology, there are a lot more cycles to understand. So no, not really; A-levels and 1st year uni aren't too similar, well notfor my course.

ReputationRep:
    Most of the stuff I've done this term (Physics) has been new, so very little was stuff I'd done at A Level.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.