Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    was mary involved in the lopez, parry, somerville and squier plots ?

and how would i write evaluation

what kind of things can i say for:

a) limitations of evidence or issues about reliability of sources
    b) explaining any problems associated with your research
    c) successful aspects of your research
    d) advice offfered to someone who might be undertaking such research in the future.

ReputationRep:
    i hope she wasn't :s: i've never heard of any of those plots. she was definitely involved in the ridolfi, throckmorton and babington plots (plots to murder elizabeth) and was also indirectly involved in the northern rebellion.

i'm not sure what you could say for a) b) c) and d). it depends on the kind of sources you've used, what you've found hard (i find it hard to find tudor primary sources) and what you haven't.

ReputationRep:
    erm.... i've not heard of those either... :confused: In general there is little evidence she was directly involved in any plots except the Babington plot I think and even that evidence could have been at least partly fabricated from what I've read.

ReputationRep:
    However, while there is little evidence directly implicating her in such plots, she was of importance as a figurehead, a focus-point for rebellion (just as Elizabeth was during Mary's reign). Elizabeth clearly recognises this in her eventual signing of the death warrant - and the fact that she didn't really punish the chap who sent it without her permission, as she would have done had she truly not intended Mary's execution.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 7, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.