The Official Oxford "I have offer!" Thread 2009

Watch this thread
justanotherstudent
Badges: 0
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
OMG OMG OMG I GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS THE HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE WOO~~~!

Subject: PPE
Offer conditions: I already graduated, so I guess its unconditional?
How did you hear? (eg letter/phone/owl) Email!
How do you feel? Feeling pretty awesome! Still cant believe it though! And to think that I was informed in advance because I did not input my postal address properly! (they sent me an email to enquire my address and tell me my result)

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OTHER APPLICANTS!!!
shewasdeleted
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 12 years ago
I GOT AN OFFER!!!!!!!!!

Subject: Law
College: Exeter
Offer conditions: AAA
How did you hear? (eg letter/phone/owl) Letter!
How do you feel? Just in shock. Really really did NOT expect it. Oh my...
Elitist1991
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Subject: Economics and Management
College: Open offer
How did you hear? (eg letter/phone/owl): Email.
How do you feel? Shocked

Just got the email, not sure which college will make the offer- could be an open offer...
EM(Lin)
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Subject: Classics I
College: Merton
Offer conditions: AAA including Latin
How did you hear? Email
How do you feel? Hysterical. So relieved and happy- this is something I've wanted forever.

Well done to those who are getting offers, good luck to those waiting to hear!
Bio_Science
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
just got an email telling me I GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm super happy, it's just fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Biochemistry, by the way.
peer-i
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Subject: Economics and Management
Offer conditions: 39 points. 7,6,6 in HL. 7 in either math HL or economics HL.
How did you hear? (eg letter/phone/owl): Email
How do you feel? pure awesomeness!!!!!
Emmara
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Subject: Classics II
How did you hear? (eg letter/phone/owl): Email
How do you feel?: Holy crap!!!!!! Am beyond excited! I was sure I'd been pooled to Somerville or Regent's Park, and I didn't really like them half as much as Merton One of my best friends also got into Wadham for English today as well
Dayxn2
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Subject: French and Spanish
Offer conditions: AA including French
How did you hear? Email!
How do you feel? Very happy, it feels like it was all worth it, absolutely love the college and tutors
Graphix
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Subject: PPE
College: Univ
Offer conditions: 40 points with 7 in HL Maths and 7 in either HL Physics or Economics
How did you hear? (eg letter/phone/owl): Letter
How do you feel?: Absolutely amazing. Can't believe it but I had such a great interview experience. Loved the college, fellow applicants and tutors!! Now I have to meet that offer!!
Plumeus
Report 12 years ago
Subject: Biological Sciences
College: Open Offer (I'll find out in August)
Offer conditions: Not sure yet - waiting for letter
How did you hear?: Text
How do you feel?: kjsyfgksuyredvcddhdhdhq;lfd!!!!!!11

I got a text saying: Congratulations, [my name], you have an offer for Biological Sciences at Oxford University. A letter with more details is on its way.
:O :O :O :O
AisAis
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Subject: English
College: Hugh's
Offer conditions: Unconditional
How did you hear? (eg letter/phone/owl): phone
How do you feel?: I won't accept it psychologically until I have it in writing!
mooret2
Report 12 years ago
Subject: Classics
College: St. Hugh's
How did you hear? (eg letter/phone/owl): phone
How do you feel?: excited
meatball893
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Subject Mathematics
College Merton
Offer conditions AAA including maths and further maths
How did you hear? (eg letter/phone/owl) email (owl?!)
How do you feel? Shocked, ecstatic, hysterical, happy etc.
Henry Lee
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Subject: English Literature and Language
College: Hertford College
How did you hear? (eg letter/phone/owl): Owl! (Oh I wish! Haha.) It was by a single, thin letter - very frightening!!
How do you feel? I still kind of can't believe it, it seems so surreal! XD
pl224
Report 12 years ago
Subject: Engineering Sciences (applied for EEM)
College: Exeter
How did you hear? Email (international)
How do you feel? Ecstatic. In denial.
hzilla2
Report 12 years ago
Subject: Biological Sciences
College: Keble
Offer conditions: Conditional AAA
How did you hear? TEXT. it was the strangest thing ever haha!
How did you feel? Completely shocked, never expected to get in! But really happy!

Well done everyone else aswell!
deathtoalevel
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Subject : Philosophy and Theology
College : 'The House' aka Christ Church , the greatest college of them all.
Offer conditions : Usual, get AAA
How did you hear? (eg letter/phone/owl) : Lovely thin, One sided/one A4 skinny white envelope with a lovely blue First-class stamp on it from Christ Church Admissions.
How do you feel? Normal I guess. Did somewhat expect it, but not in an arrogant way. Because there were enough bad chinks in my interviews to get me a straight-no. In many places ; WEAK academics. Honoured though. This is all for my mum and dad who worked so hard for me and my siblings.

To everyone awaiting their offers ; I had the worst interviews ever, and the worst grades too. I was up against Etonians and Harrovians and Westminsters, and I mean LOTs of them. I'm not a genius, I'm not not anything apart from what I believe God made me as. I don't have straight As at AS , and am only doing three A-2s. I believed.

Representing all the faithful .
victoire
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Subject: Theology
College: Lady Margaret Hall
Offer conditions: Unconditional (post-A Level applicant)
How did you hear? (eg letter/phone/owl): Letter this morning
How do you feel? I cried. I ran around my house. I screamed a little bit. Melodramatic? I don't care! This is perhaps the best day of my life and I feel so vindicated after a horrible rejection last year I'M GOING TO OXFORD. Sorry for the smugness but I'M JUST SO HAPPY.

Echo above: my interviews were soooo dire and horrible and awful in so many ways- so try not to worry too much if you've not heard yet!!
BJack
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Subject: chemistry
College: Magdalen
Offer conditions: unconditional
How did you hear? letter
How do you feel? v. happy, relieved.
trickeyja
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
Subject - Geography, with Bass Academic Clerkship to sing in the Christ Church Choir!
College - Christ Church
Offer conditions - AAA including Geography
How did you hear? Letter; a terrifyingly thin one. I was thrilled when I opened it and the first sentence started "I am pleased". To any ChCh applicants who haven't heard yet, expect a thin letter - for those with offers further details are on the way soon, in another letter.
How do you feel? Over the moon! WHOOO!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
17.24%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
10.34%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
13.79%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
10.34%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
24.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
24.14%

Watched Threads