The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Subject: Biological Sciences
College: Balliol
Offer conditions: AAA, including Biology, excluding General Studies
How did you hear? (eg letter/phone/owl): Suitably thick letter
How do you feel?: Gutted. It's only an offer to study at one of the world's most prestigious educational establishments.
Reply 81
Subject: Mathematics
College: Queens
Offer conditions: AAA in Maths, FM, Physics
How did you hear? (eg letter/phone/owl): Letter. Students had said the thicker the better.
How do you feel?: chuffed
Subject: Law
College: Teddy Hall
Offer conditions: AAA and that I carry on with fourth subject (which I dropped ages ago..oops)
How did you hear? (eg letter/phone/owl): Email, letter in post
How do you feel?: shocked
Reply 83
x_laura_c_x
Subject: Law
College: Teddy Hall
Offer conditions: AAA and that I carry on with fourth subject (which I dropped ages ago..oops)
How did you hear? (eg letter/phone/owl): Email, letter in post
How do you feel?: shocked

Well done :biggrin:! But what you gona do about the fourth subject??
Reply 84
Subject: Chemistry

I heard through a thickish
letter and I'm absolutely over the moon :biggrin:
Subject: English
College: Exeter
Offer conditions: high school diploma, 5 in AP literature
How did you hear? (eg letter/phone/owl) well i was supposed to hear by email, but I didn't get my email, so I called.
How do you feel? sleep-deprived from worrying so much that no email meant no acceptance, but now, well...it still hasn't sunk in! Ah!
Reply 86
Subject: Classics IB
College: Somerville (pooled from Corpus Christi)
Offer conditions: Unconditional :p: (had already 1.0 in the German Abitur)
How did you hear? (eg letter/phone/owl): letter
How do you feel?: I'm absolutely over the moon!!!! :eek3: Thought that I've messed up the translation test and some of my interviews (my English was so horrible!!!). I'm really looking forward to October '10 :yes:
Subject: PPE
College: St Catherine's
Offer conditions: Conditional 40 for IB, 7, 6, 6 for HL Maths, Eco and Physics
How did you hear? (eg letter/phone/owl): email
How do you feel?: Screamed and shaky. Now just have to wait for IB results, and they'd better be good enough.
Subject: E&M
College: Hertford
Offer conditions: AAA
How did you hear? (eg letter/phone/owl): E-mail (I asked them to e-mail it to me as I live in Africa!)
How do you feel?: Utterly shocked! I'm still shaking and it still hasn't sunk it yet..but I'm incredibly happy!
Reply 89
Subject: Physics (4yr)
College: St. Hugh's!
Unconditional, baby yeah!
How did I hear? I ran home in my lunch hour on the off chance my letter was sent to my home address instead of work, and it had been!!!!!
How do I feel? Pretty bloody brilliant tbh. I got excited because it was a thick letter, opened it and saw the first sentence (I am pleased to offer...) then phoned my parents. Actually I've still not read the rest... I should probably do that instead of writing this. Bahhh! I'm too excited to read!
Reply 90
Subject: Medicine
Offer conditions: AAA including chemistry
How did you hear? email on friday
How do you feel?: jumped up and down screaming :smile:
my best friend, not me!

Subject: Chemistry
College: Bailol
Offer conditions: AAA i presume (only just got off the phone)
How did you hear? Letter
How do you feel? She's happy, but she applied for deffered entry and they gave her a place for starting next year so she's going to have to think a bit. I reckon she'll 90% accept though!
Reply 92
Subject: History and Politics
College: Univ
Offer conditions: unconditional
How did you hear? Email
How do you feel? Well, it's been quite a few days. When I saw the email attached with TWO documents, I knew it was to be good news (otherwise why would they bother attaching another file)! Yet I screamed when my logic was confirmed by the attached letter. Awesome!
Reply 93
College: Univ
Offer conditions: Dutch VWO, 8 in my seven best subjects including Maths and Economics (which is a piece of cake, as I have 10 subjects with 8's and 9's predicted in all of them)
How did you hear?: Letter (after being scared for days that the stupid snow would slow down mail delivery)
How do you feel?: Completely estatic. Can't really believe it. Began screaming and crying as soon as I read the first line of the letter, after which I had to tell everyone I know. Best news ever.
Reply 94
Subject: English and French
College: Wadham
Offer conditions: AAA
How did you hear? Letter, after like four ******* agonizing days of 'arrghh the post truck must have flipped over and been lost forever in a snow drift'
How do you feel? Pretty good, Interviews just went ok, other than being asked what it meant to live (??!!!!!) so had no idea what was gonna happen...
Reply 95
Subject: Experimental Psychology
College: Unknown yet, most likely Somerville (pooled from New)
Offer conditions: Unsure yet, most likely AAA :smile:
How did you hear? (eg letter/phone/owl) I requested an email because I'm on holiday
How do you feel? Ecstatic! :biggrin: I felt that my interviews at New weren't great, especially my first, but my interview at Somerville seemed to go quite well, so I had a slither of hope :p:
Subject: English and French joint honours
College: St. Hilda's
Offer conditions: Unconditional- I'm a gap year student with 4 As (these were in the pre-A* days!) and two AEA merits
How did you hear? Letter
How do you feel? There are no words :smile: I was rejected last year pre-interview, so there's almost a sense of....vengeance? Overshadowed by being absolutely thrilled, of course!
Reply 97
Offer conditions: AAA, including Economics and Maths, excluding General Studies
How did you hear? (eg letter/phone/owl): email of the scanned letter, after i phoned balliol admissions 3 times in the morning to pester the poor chap
How do you feel?: I screamed so loudly. so happy, though sad for all those who didn't make it
Reply 98
Subject: Biological sciences
College: LMH
Offer conditions: AAA (with A in Biology)
How did you hear? (eg letter/phone/owl): Letter! A scrap of paper in a wine bottle down the River Roding would be cooler to be honest.
How do you feel?: Foam at mouth at first, then pleasantly surprised :3
Subject: Modern Languages (German and Italian)
Offer conditions: AAA inc German
How did you hear? (eg letter/phone/owl) Letter!
How do you feel? Relieved / ecstatic.

Latest

Trending

Trending