(Original post by Herleif Arkadios)
    moorgate, liverpool st, aldgate, kings cross, russel sq, tavistock
    attacks at these places according to Chief police bloke Ian Blair
    also 'incidents' at bank and edgware road

- Belief that explosions 'almost certainly the work of al qaeda'
    2 dead at aldgate east

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trigger)
    does this mean we wont have the olympics?
    I don't think that's really an issue at the moment..

ReputationRep:
    I heard people are being asked not to use their mobiles in central London for fears it could trigger any more bombs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Golden Maverick)
    My mobile is down, there was some mention of using mobiles to detonate bombs, so the network might have been shut down. Either that or everyone is trying to call.
    i heard it was because everyone is trying to call... it happen on new years day this year, all the networks copped out... must be the same thing here..

My mobile is down, there was some mention of using mobiles to detonate bombs, so the network might have been shut down. Either that or everyone is trying to call.
    Yep, networks could be down cos the signals can set off bombs and the like

ReputationRep:
    London mob networks shut down to stop terrorist communication/coordination

ReputationRep:
    No, we still will have the Olympics.

Don't worry too much abut Illuvtar I'm sure it's just his network that's out.

ReputationRep:
    No..
    good that would let them win

ReputationRep:
    Reports of people trapped at Euston Station..

ReputationRep:
    Currently stuck in work in Central London. All mobile networks are jammed.

Current loss of life estimates lie at 50. 90 people were injured at Aldgate alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzy)
    yeah, i'm being a bit harsh... but to fair, where are they when we REALLY need them...
    ...erm...helping?? Im sorry to tell you that our leaders haven't mastered the skill of telepathy or teleporting, but don't be so naive to assume they're not helping. What do you expect? Tony Blair to come down to liverpool street and start dismantling bombs...

ReputationRep:
    No it doesn't mean we won't have the olympics.

My friend fortunately is in bed. Cant get hold of him now they must have stopped his phone network but I am very glad he has the day off work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Herleif Arkadios)
    also 'incidents' at bank and edgware road

- Belief that explosions 'almost certainly the work of al qaeda'2 dead at aldgate east

No way! It's more likey to be anachrists to do with G8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A)
    BBC are saying that quite a few networks are down.

My brothers up in london today :eek:
    :eek: have u not heard from him?
    my sister is trying to get thru to her friend who lives in north london and is always using the tubes and buses

ReputationRep:
    They are 7 years away, don't be silly.

ReputationRep:
    I just got out of central London. I reached kings cross, when we were all evacuated and told to dispere. I could have taken a bus, but they were too full so I managed to get on pretty much the only train Online (most of Thameslink closed London underground completely closed) and managed to get back here.

Mobile phones have been cut off (apparently) because they are afraid bombs may be set off using them- as happened at Madrid- rather than to give priority to emergency services.

Its a nightmare. Central London... oh my... emergency services everywhere, roads closed. I was out probably before buses etc. blew up thankfully, but I was only about 200m from where one of the explosions supposedly hapopened... good to be safe.

ReputationRep:
    Thats 7 yrs away!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pradster)
    I don't think that's really an issue at the moment..
    well i do if we dont have it they've won! its probably the cause of it or partly the cause

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chardonnay)
    My parents are both in London today around the area where some of the explosions have been happening. Neither of them are picking up their phones. Sorry if this sounds silly but I'm worried, is there anyone I can contact?
    Many phone networks are out at the moment. I think Sky News are about to put up a service wher you can see who's been affected...

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about mobile phones being down, this could be because power links to transmitters have failed.

There are 9 million people living in London so the chances of anything happening to a person you know is silm.

Also this won't effective the olympics in the slightest.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.