Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thameslink is closed?
    Part of it. There were serious disruptions. But, a little while ago, I managed to get from kings cross thameslink back to where I live along the platform B line to St. Albans. You can try, I dont know if it is still open.

ReputationRep:
    i cant watch these interviews theyre making me cry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asian cutie)
    i dont think it would be cos aldgate has a high muslim population so does edgeware road. mayb thou
    thats what i dont understand, london itself has a high muslim population.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trigger)
    its the same ones, over and over again... i keep on seeing people putting up a tent outside algate station and thinking 'that's where my dad is'... its ****ing unreal...

ReputationRep:
    Can I please say again that if a mobile is not working it dosn't automaticaly mean its somthing to worry about.

My cousin lives and works in London he has to get up to Manchester tongiht by train to get to my grandads funeral tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    that poor man on chan 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sleep)
    Part of it. There were serious disruptions. But, a little while ago, I managed to get from kings cross thameslink back to where I live along the platform B line to St. Albans. You can try, I dont know if it is still open.
    it cant be safe at the moment thou..can it?

ReputationRep:
    Apparently they had bomb warnings at 7am this morning

6 bombs, of which the edware road and kings cross are probably the nastiest and the russell square bus bomb. Hopefully fatalities won't be too high

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asian cutie)
    i dont think it would be cos aldgate has a high muslim population so does edgeware road. mayb thou

Exactly. London as a whole has too high a Muslim population to warrant an attack, in my opinion.

Remember, it isn't confirmed as Islamist terrorists...

As for thameslink: I need Croydon all the way to Luton airport. Through the bit that goes underground. Damn

ReputationRep:
    this is so sad so ****ing unnessessary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    Not neccesarily in the commuters to the city though. There's a large number of white males there, and of course they are a nice example of capitalism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    The point of terrorism isnt just to kill people it's to scare others

ReputationRep:
    Thats their choice. Thameslink wouldn't be a main target. LU is much more crowded, much more of a hub, and much more of a target. But, still much of Thameslink is closed I don't know what they have decided. I imagine, since they have grounded all the buses (buses were running when I was in London) they have closed the remainder of Thameslink since.

ReputationRep:
    Still no news

(Original post by AT82)
    Can I please say again that if a mobile is not working it dosn't automaticaly mean its somthing to worry about.

My cousin lives and works in London he has to get up to Manchester tongiht by train to get to my grandads funeral tomorrow
    :hugs: Im sure he will be able to get up there

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone watching the TV confirm the Bank rumours?

ReputationRep:
    i know its horrible. so many of these people are filled with blood

ReputationRep:
    I think its to do with G8 and anarchists...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    Very true, although I was supposed to be meeting a friend in Russel square, as he lives there, this afternoon. So would like to get him on the phone if possible.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.