The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
dogtanian
Exactly. London as a whole has too high a Muslim population to warrant an attack, in my opinion.

Remember, it isn't confirmed as Islamist terrorists...

As for thameslink: I need Croydon all the way to Luton airport. Through the bit that goes underground. Damn :frown:

And Algate and Whitechapel High Street were targeted - probably one of the densist populations of Muslems in London.
How awful, Chardonnay. ther police did something to the mobile netwroks. they won't work right now.
Fluffy
Can anyone watching the TV confirm the Bank rumours?

Still a rumour, I'm afraid.
Can this form of terrorism be prevented? How do we as a nation respond to this attack?
Reply 264
kriztinae
i know its horrible. so many of these people are filled with blood

Yep, all people are filled with blood, terrible....
Reply 265
My cousin lives and works in London he has to get up to Manchester tongiht by train to get to my grandads funeral tomorrow

I severely doubt that. ALL main line (not just london underground) were closed BEFORE this all happened let alone now. I wanted to get to Cambridge, but no chance.

Speculating on Anarchists is just speculation, you just dont know.
cobra01977
The point of terrorism isnt just to kill people it's to scare others

true but people are are bound to die and/or get injured.
Reply 267
Fluffy
Can anyone watching the TV confirm the Bank rumours?

Anyone?
Trains from Reading (where I live) to London are pretty screwed.
Reply 269
Mobile networks went down across the West Midlands after bad weather caused a gridlock - London has 5-6 Million people.. everyone's going to be trying to call everyone and the mobile networks are going to fail. Additionally, security forces will be given priority lines to keep communications up. Don't worry if you can't get through..
izzy
I think its to do with G8 and anarchists...

G8 protestors aren't even anarchists. The media misuse that term.
Reply 271
dogtanian

Thanks
Reply 272
It´s a sad day. Lots of channels are already broadcasting how stock prices fell this morning ... some people might even be asking "How much is gold up?" :frown:
Reply 273
dogtanian

It think its been confirmed... just saw the map and bank was on it...
Fluffy
Anyone?

erm...can i ask what rumours?
wht f*king ****? 6 bomb explosions! all the ppl with relatives or friends in london MUST be going crazy. OMG i have got relatives there too. this is so bad. wonder if u guys remember but a lil time ago, there was this topic which someone started abt sum ppl calling for another 9/11. some news paper reported it. someone said it can't be true. they said it was just propaganda against muslims. this could be related to that. i agree with visesh. It IS indeed a terrorist attack. It looks planned . 5-6 bomb explosions. one after another. looks very clearly planned. may be there are more to come. hope not.
Reply 276
I have relatives in London, just rang my grandad and got through but to his answerphone!
Reply 277
OH MY GOD I ONCE VISITED LONDON AS A CHILD!!! HOW SCARY!!!

Some of you need to get a a grip. There's no point in idle speculation - we just have to wait and see what story the government decides to spin us.
Thameslink uses old underground tunnel, I think. Also Moorgate has a Thamelink station. If the LU's closed, it makes sense for thameslink to close.
Reply 279
Chardonnay
Still no news :frown:

Don't panic - I'm sure they're fine but can't get through on the overloaded network.

Latest

Trending

Trending