Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzy)
    its easy to blame Al-Qaeda though isn't it... :rolleyes:
    Well apparently they might have a bit of a grudge against Britain.. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzy)
    Yeah of course, but apparently BBC have some Arab link or something and they are saying Al Qaeda did it. But still no confirmation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    No, it's not. Anarchists are people 'who wish to do away with all government'.

Why would they bomb public transport?
    to make a point... i don't know... but i really think that its SOMETHING to do with G8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    if you can try and use your own form of transport instead of public

Hmmm - given my mum and dad live in Cheltenham and I'm in central London, I don't think my feet will quite do the job - especially as I'm in my 'City Business Chick' stilletos!

ReputationRep:
    yo is it true a bank has also been bombed now?? :eek:

(Original post by Chardonnay)
    Still no news
    Try not to worry (I know thats difficult) They are most probably stuck somewhere (as transport has been disabled) so might be waiting till they can go...and as people are saying there will be problems with phone networks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    Yeah of course, but apparently BBC have some Arab link or something and they are saying Al Qaeda did it. But still no confirmation.
    fair enough... i guess we have to wait and see what they come up with!

ReputationRep:
    I know this is so insignificant in comparison to the actual situation, but i'll ask it anyway. Do you reckon the Big Brother housemates will be told about it, because in such an awful situation as this they have a right to know, especially if any of their family or friends were caught up in the incident.

(Original post by izzy)
    to make a point... i don't know... but i really think that its SOMETHING to do with G8
    then why not hit where they are, not london? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzy)
    :rolleyes:

who else is it going to be? realistically?

G8, all world leaders in UK, all world's media in the country, london's police forces in scotland, major in singapore, pm etc in scotland...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by islasmila)
    I know this is so insignificant in comparison to the actual situation, but i'll ask it anyway. Do you reckon the Big Brother housemates will be told about it, because in such an awful situation as this they have a right to know, especially if any of their family or friends were caught up in the incident.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thekillersrock)
    Wasn't dismissing them, obviously I was referring to the comments such as "omg i was going to go to london today" and " omg i used to work in london"! :/
    Ah yeah. With that I agree.

I've got in contact with everyone I can think of bar one, but as there was no answer at home, I'm assuming she's at her boyfriend's, and that's near me. So that's good.

:s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzy)
    Not the London 2012 bid anymore then?

Public transport is an easy target - you can't check everyone that gets on a bus/tube for bombs..

ReputationRep:
    This is terrible :mad:

Prime minister statement at 12 apparently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzy)
    There's no question that this was planned to occur during the G8 summit, but I think the reason for that is that the emphasis on security was in Scotland.

Most oth e G8 protestors are simple thugs looking for a fight. They're not sophisticated enough to pull off an attack like this.

ReputationRep:
    A Bank? Source?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rah2)
    :rolleyes:

who else is it going to be? realistically?

G8, all world leaders in UK, all world's media in the country, london's police forces in scotland, major in singapore, pm etc in scotland...
    agreed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bouncy)
    then why not hit where they are, not london? :confused:
    If you can get anywhere near Gleneagles you'd be lucky, let alone set off a bomb..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    i still think it was the islamist terrorists, like i poasted 45 mins ago...illogical to think it were anyone else...they've jammed the mobile phone networks to prevent mobile bombs going off...Blari is goign to make a speech...going to watch it..

be right back.

ReputationRep:

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.