Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    my dad still wanst to go out to work wen there telling us not to, what a fool

ReputationRep:
    Al Qaida! http://www.spiegel.de/politik/auslan...364121,00.html (german newspaper though)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    Still havent had any word from Cristina (jessicarabbit) .

Although I'm quite sure she's OK. She already lives in the centre, so she wouldnt be using any tube stations, and she doesnt know how to work the busses :rolleyes:.

Plus it was all far too early for her probably.
    I just woke up

ReputationRep:
    they are sending a bomb squad to brighton station...

ReputationRep:
    I can hear sirens in the background out my window for the past 20 minutes. I think coming from Stratford where the bid celebrations were and also a major transport interchange.

Reports of an explosion in Leicester Square as well...

(Original post by Chardonnay)
    They're stranded in London, but they're fine. Phew. I'm so relieved I cried!
    yay for some good news-glad they are safe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaaks786)
    no doubt everyone thinks its due to terrorism.

how can ppl do such a terrible things!?!?!its appaling.Killing is just wrong, no one can justify killing another person!

i hope ppl dnt think tht muslims in general are responsiple for this....

I hope everyone here who lives in or near london is all ok
    thing is you know they will if it really was al_queda itl just fuel more racial hatred

ReputationRep:
    I was on the tube this morning and got evacuated. I work in Westminster by the houses of parliament and am not allowed out fo the building at the moment. My sister was at Liverpool street when the bomb went off, and I now don't know if she's ok. Too many of my friends work near Aldgate and Liverpool street. This is horrible.

(Regarding mobile networks, vodafone is down so the emergency services can use it. Just keep trying other networks.)

ReputationRep:
    Currently stuck in Imperial College, apparently a bomb just went off at South Ken tube station and one was discovered in Prince's Gardens which didn't go off - this is all rather sketchy though. I don't know whether to stay or leave - apparently we're going to be evacuated soon...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trigger)
    well peacehaven but he spends 95% of his time in brighton
    peacehaven! that place is so dinky!

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend at Brighton station; the bomb squad are there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessicarabbit)
    I just woke up
    *kicks*

Go job hunting

Actually, that would be a stupid idea. I'm guessing nothing's open around the centre? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seabiscuit)
    I can hear sirens in the background out my window for the past 20 minutes. I think coming from Stratford where the bid celebrations were and also a major transport interchange.

what?? leicester square right now??

ReputationRep:
    east croydon station is also shut

i heard on the radio that possibily the bus (taviscourt square) bombing was a suicide bomber

3 confirmed dead so far...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sortofdifferent)
    I have a friend at Brighton station; the bomb squad are there.
    ****... i wonder if it is a bomb? i'm sure s/he's fine, apparently the have evacuated the station...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzy)
    peacehaven! that place is so dinky!
    lol and skanky :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chardonnay)
    They're stranded in London, but they're fine. Phew. I'm so relieved I cried!
    thats great news

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    my sister works with edexcel, she checks marking and stuff, and is based in edgeware road. does anyone have contact number for such a centre, can't get through to her mobile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seabiscuit)

Really?! Theres nothing on BBC about it :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trigger)
    lol and skanky :p:
    ha! its not that bad!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.