Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    To deliberately cause a power surge like that... I don't see how anyone could do it without being noticed! :-/

Well, there wasn't actually a power surge.. National Grid confirmed this. The media has only given sketchy details.

However, like I said I DON'T think that it was Islamist terrorists. Reasons outlined as above.

ReputationRep:
    HOLY **** have you seen the buses! Bloody hell this is a terrorist attack it has to be....bloody hell!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    It's awfull but you can what they've done. Take the tube out first, then the buses were packed and that's when the bombs on them went off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogtanian)
    Well, there wasn't actually a power surge.. National Grid confirmed this. The media has only given sketchy details.

However, like I said I DON'T think that it was Islamist terrorists. Reasons outlined as above.
    Have they actually said it definitely wasn't? All I've heard is that they didn't notice anything...

Sky News are still using the words 'power surge'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogtanian)

maybe the IRA...but it was some sort of bomb i think...no way the bus could have been blown apart, and prolly used on the trains too.

ReputationRep:
    Just been another explosion in Tavistock Sq

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by islasmila)
    Just been another explosion in Tavistock Sq
    A second bus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil23)
    it was not a power surge...they ruled that out in the last 15 mins i heard them say on the news.
    Oh, okay.

Well then, it kinda has to be an attack doesn't it? What else could it be?

ReputationRep:
    020 77666020- HOTLINE NUMBER

My parents are both in London today around the area where some of the explosions have been happening. Neither of them are picking up their phones. Sorry if this sounds silly but I'm worried, is there anyone I can contact?

ReputationRep:
    yeah a second bus apparently has been blown up!Apparently the police have said there have been 3 bus explosions...but only 1 is definitely confirmed!

ReputationRep:
    They are now saying that there are fatalities! I dint think it ia a coinsidence that it happens during the G8 summit and 1 day after the olympic bid. It is someone trying to get their opinion across knowing full well that there will be less security then normal in london.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not too sure because it's an eye witness woman talking to sky news and i can't really understand the garble, i'll have a listen..

ReputationRep:
    A second bus?
    I heard that 3 buses have exploded.

Btw just saw: Explosions have caused "some fatalities"

ReputationRep:
    Yes it was another bus

ReputationRep:
    Jesus, only just heard about this! What's going on?!

ReputationRep:

as in deaths?

ReputationRep:

i heard three buses and two trains plus two trains crashed in the underground.

ReputationRep:
    this is ****ed up.

the pioctures of the bus just scares me.
    Whats the world coming to?

ReputationRep:
    I am so sorry to hear that- AFAIK tghere are no hotlines set up yet. Just keep trying them...?:s:
    :hug:

ReputationRep:
    as in deaths?
    Yep...

I kinda suspected that when I heard that limbs had been blown off.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.