Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostinfantasies)
    Who's exploded the package at Brighton? Terrorists or police/bombsquad (for safety reasons, containment measures, etc.)?
    bomb squad... its ok! no real expolosion!

Victoria Coach Station is currently operating a limited service.

From http://www.tfl.gov.uk/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jump)
    Care to justify that?...(not arguing just wondering)
    To show we won't take any of this *****. To show that it doesn't matter what **** heads do, they'll never break our spirit or national pride.

I hope the ****ers all rot in hell.

ReputationRep:
    I've just realised my uncle and aunty both work in central London, and take the tube every day, and I've had no word from them .

I'll ask my dad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    I was planning on going into that coffee shop with the advert for vacancies on Tottenham Court Rd and asking for a job. Although I now feel quite weird asking people for work when all this has happened .

Its gonna be hard to see each other today. There have been two blasts on the Piccadilly Line alone...but we can see what its like later on.
    I have a bike

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzy)
    yea its fine... i can hear **** loads of sirens, but brighton station evacuated, got bomb squad there and they exploded a suspicious package... so, everythings ok, i think...
    :hugs: good good... so it was a controlled explosion?

ReputationRep:
    Thank god they didn't do something yesterday to the crowds in Trafalgar Square.

I hate how slow the news goes when stuff like this happens. Hope all the Londoners on here and their families are OK.

ReputationRep:
    ▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒ ▓▒▒▓
    ▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▓▓▓▒ ▓▒▒▓
    ▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▓▓▓ ▓▒▒▓
    ▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▓▓▓ ▓▒▒▓
    ▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▓▒▒ ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒ ▓▒▒▓

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SB)
    Yep.

ReputationRep:
    RIP

ReputationRep:
    If Blair is flying to London, who is to say he isn't the target ? Seems an almost predictable response.

ReputationRep:
    Noone said anything about suicide bombers.

We should have been fighting terrorism instead we were fighting for control of oil and now look what's happened from this so called "war on terrorism"
    It is simply not viable that the war in Iraq was fought for oil; we didn't get it. But please take that to the debate forum, not here.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe this is happening... I was travelling to Bath today (for a funeral :s: ) from Oxford and I'd got as far as Didcot Parkway and then all the trains were cancelled and I overheard some guy on his phone saying that trains were being blown up in London... it's really scary

ReputationRep:
    1 channel is all that is needed for this. The british government always blow things out of proportion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rah2)
    Probably won't have escaped your attention thats it's 7/7 today

If that suicide bomber on the bus was meant to be at euston then thats 7 explosions on the 7th of the 7th.

Sounds pretty well planned to me...
    It could be just complete coincidence, but your right, a bit too much like a well thought out plan. this is so shocking

ReputationRep:
    10 people with major injuries, and loads of others with injuries so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northumbrian)
    This is why we shouldn't have bombed Iraq.
    This is exactly why we should have bombed Iraq. And I'm sure that more people will support the war on terror as an event similar to that in New York has now happened in Britain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    10 people with major injuries, and loads of others with injuries so far.
    today you feel excited? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SB)
    yea thank ****! :hugs:
    sussex ambulances are helping london, we have no ambulances so we have been told not to dial 999 UNLESS its a real emergency! :eek:

020 77666020- HOTLINE NUMBER

ReputationRep:
    Something tells me this morning isn't the last of it. Anyone get the feeling something else will happen? Not necessarily in London but elsewhere?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.