Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I saw that too - BlueAngel you may want to change that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    This is exactly why we should have bombed Iraq. And I'm sure that more people will support the war on terror as an event similar to that in New York has now happened in Britain.
    I don't get it. Are you saying the people who planted bombs came from Iraq?!

If not, why the hell are you suggesting this is reason to attack Iraq, a country that had no connections to al-Quaeda, the terrorist group most like to be responsible for the blasts.

Anyway, this is for D&D, not here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostinfantasies)
    Something tells me this morning isn't the last of it. Anyone get the feeling something else will happen? Not necessarily in London but elsewhere?
    lets hope not... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Something tells me this morning isn't the last of it. Anyone get the feeling something else will happen? Not necessarily in London but elsewhere?
    the gov is planned for it. not sure about other major places but the west mids is on alert
    any were else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rah2)
    Probably won't have escaped your attention thats it's 7/7 today

If that suicide bomber on the bus was meant to be at euston then thats 7 explosions on the 7th of the 7th.

Sounds pretty well planned to me...
    Maybe, as Blair said, it was supposed to coincide with the G8 opening.

ReputationRep:
    i DOUBT IT. i REALLY HOPE NOTHING MORE HAPPENS. i'M REALLY FRERAKED OUT HERE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    To show we won't take any of this *****. To show that it doesn't matter what **** heads do, they'll never break our spirit or national pride.

I hope the ****ers all rot in hell.
    Ok, I don't think this is the time or the place to discuss it but I can't see how that is a justification.

12:50 Hearthrow Express services are suspended as a precautionary measure.

ReputationRep:
    Usually these events happen in sync. I think the terrorists probably hoped for more with 6 explosions in the tube. They appear to have failed to get the kind of mass casualties from trains and platforms just full of people so that they cant move, the kind of opportunity that provides for them seems to have been thankfully missed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jump)
    Ok, I don't think this is the time or the place to discuss it but I can't see how that is a justification.

I'm guessing several of your collegues aren't still trapped in it all...

ReputationRep:
    i knew London wouldn't get away with it. I knew it. I just felt it was inevitable London was going to get hit somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessicarabbit)
    I have a bike
    Yay

ReputationRep:
    i feel so sorry for those stuck in kings X... its awful.. ****ing awful...

ReputationRep:
    Are there still people trapped under Kings Cross?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    Yay
    I just don't know the way to your house

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halloweenjack)
    If Blair is flying to London, who is to say he isn't the target ? Seems an almost predictable response.
    **** what if there are suicide bombs on planes at all airports throughout the country! I live right next to gatwick airport, and im going on an airoplane on saturday...to turkey...
    I am so scared :eek:

ReputationRep:
    This is terrible!I cant get my head round how ppl who could do things like this...there is no reason and no justification for doing this!!!
    i hope thers no more....

ReputationRep:
    How likely is it that government buildings around the country, as in major government buildings, are on alert? As in the GCHQ in Cheltenham, etc.?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    i knew London wouldn't get away with it. I knew it. I just felt it was inevitable London was going to get hit somewhere.
    yeah, it follows patterns, it was bound to be hit at sumtime or other, and with the G8 it was a prime target. as someone said earlier, security has been focused in edinbourgh, so was possible lax in london. iv just watched the speach blair made earlier, very moving. it really makes you think, what is everything coming too if terrorist attacks are becoming so common.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~cherrykisses~)
    **** what if there are suicide bombs on planes at all airports throughout the country! I live right next to gatwick airport, and im going on an airoplane on saturday...to turkey...
    I am so scared :eek:
    stop overreacting. it doesnt help anyone

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.