Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~cherrykisses~)
    **** what if there are suicide bombs on planes at all airports throughout the country! I live right next to gatwick airport, and im going on an airoplane on saturday...to turkey...
    I am so scared :eek:
    Listen, i wouldn't worry... we have good security here, and they are going to be on alert.. i just hope gatwick is open, i'm flying tomorrow...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaeda)
    stop overreacting. it doesnt help anyone
    Agreed. There's really no need to worry that everything associated with the government or public transport all around the country is going to be attacked now.

ReputationRep:
    Sussex News:

- preston park and clapham trains running...

- victoria, brighton, east croydon stations closed...

- brighton station, full search by police, going to be closed for some time...

gatwick open as usual- some delays to flights...

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone update the Brighton situation?

ReputationRep:
    If the attacks happened as a result of there being more security up in Scotland than in London, then what idiot decided to have London as a lax-security city for this week? Even us lot, students, can see that it's an ideal opportunity for terrorists to hit London.

ReputationRep:
    but now all the security is every were else so its going to be lax in scotland. maybe what theywere after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dreama)
    Can anyone update the Brighton situation?
    look at the post above yours hun!

ReputationRep:
    10 years ago everyone would be blaming the irish... Hm.

Remeber a few groups claimed responsibility for Madrid, so I'd wait before blame is placed.

My uncle's a fireman in London. Wonder if he's there...

His fire station was actually closed recently, the one that serves Edgware Rd. I think he's in Hammersmith now though.

ReputationRep:
    My brother's (two of them) are flying in from France today. Landing at Gatwick I think. Don't know if they're in the air yet, but it looks like they wont be getting home tonight.

ReputationRep:
    Someone was a bit quick with the wikipedia entry :eek: :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Lo...ort_explosions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzy)
    look at the post above yours hun!
    Thanks You in Brighton too I guess?

Very sad and frightening day..

ReputationRep:
    The security in London was hardly lax. Look at the emergency services- they are crawling all over the city and their response had been rapid, effective and absolutely superb. No matter how much security you have; it is pretty much impossible to stop such incidents. You cant blame the security being in Scotland for this.

ReputationRep:
    total number of deaths so far- 20
    people still stuck in Kings X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dreama)
    Thanks You in Brighton too I guess?

Very sad and frightening day..
    Yup in brighton... and i need to go to churchill square soon, might go check out the station and see whats going on...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    I'm guessing several of your collegues aren't still trapped in it all...
    No. But even if they were I wouldn't want to kill civillians in an unrelated country.

ReputationRep:
    That Wikipedia entry *was* quick! Woah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostinfantasies)
    If the attacks happened as a result of there being more security up in Scotland than in London, then what idiot decided to have London as a lax-security city for this week? Even us lot, students, can see that it's an ideal opportunity for terrorists to hit London.
    Two completely different police forces with completely different operations. Maybe less of Special Branch, etc., but i doubt they would have seriously left London without a substantial police presense.

ReputationRep:
    Local Brighton radio tells of a controlled explosion of a suspicous briefcase at approximately 12:55PM local time in a telephone box outside of Brighton station. All London to Brighton trains have been cancelled for now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robber's ghost)
    My brother's (two of them) are flying in from France today. Landing at Gatwick I think. Don't know if they're in the air yet, but it looks like they wont be getting home tonight.
    I hope they get home alrite. Im flying on saturday, and i live right near gatwick, so im hopeing that nothing happens...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4659243.stm

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.