Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saree)
    Does decapitated mean? Head-less?
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, not Croydon as well. I thought i heard sirens..

ReputationRep:
    Chardonnay, I'm in the same situation with my mum.

Only two people have been confirmed dead so far, both at Aldgate. The BBC has rumours of fatalities from the bus in Tavistock Place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzy)
    there have been 4 confirmed attacks... the other three are 'apparently' confusions as people exited from different tube stations therefore people thought there was an attack there...

don't shoot the messenger, this is what i am hearing on the news...
    CONFUSION BLURS NUMBERS

"It was unclear in all the confusion how many people were killed and wounded.

Police said two people were killed at Aldgate East underground station in the financial centre of the city, with a further 90 people wounded. Around 100 wounded people were taken to Royal London Hospital, 10 of them in critical condition.

London's police chief Ian Blair said there were indications of explosives at one of the blast sites.

"We are aware that one of the sites certainly does contain indications of explosives," he told Sky Television. "We are concerned that this is a co-ordinated attack."

People were seen streaming out of one underground station covered with blood and soot. Passengers were evacuated from stations across the capital, many in shock and with their clothes ripped to shreds, witnesses said.

The city's streets were gridlocked and financial markets plummeted as it became increasingly apparent that the blasts were an attack, and not a power surge on the underground train system as had been reported.

Security experts said the apparent attacks bore all the hallmarks of the al Qaeda network."

All the News sites have now withdrawn any comment on how many explosions there were... News 24 is now saying "A series of explosions"

Bush giving his views

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trigger)
    yes they have had there heads blown off

Thoughts are with everyone affected during this troubled time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rising_heat)
    CONFUSION BLURS NUMBERS

"It was unclear in all the confusion how many people were killed and wounded.

Police said two people were killed at Aldgate East underground station in the financial centre of the city, with a further 90 people wounded. Around 100 wounded people were taken to Royal London Hospital, 10 of them in critical condition.

London's police chief Ian Blair said there were indications of explosives at one of the blast sites.

"We are aware that one of the sites certainly does contain indications of explosives," he told Sky Television. "We are concerned that this is a co-ordinated attack."

People were seen streaming out of one underground station covered with blood and soot. Passengers were evacuated from stations across the capital, many in shock and with their clothes ripped to shreds, witnesses said.

The city's streets were gridlocked and financial markets plummeted as it became increasingly apparent that the blasts were an attack, and not a power surge on the underground train system as had been reported.

Security experts said the apparent attacks bore all the hallmarks of the al Qaeda network."

All the News sites have now withdrawn any comment on how many explosions there were... News 24 is now saying "A series of explosions"
    oh dear!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    What's proof, though?
    A reliable source i.e the BBC, I realise that media is not always right but it has to be more reliable than people making posts on here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogtanian)
    Oh, not Croydon as well. I thought i heard sirens..
    I often hear sirens it dosn't been there has been a terrorists attack.

ReputationRep:
    Just rang work (In Croydon), yep, everyone's been told to stay put at work. No transport, anything.

So Croydon town centre IS shut.

Blairs first statement

http://stream.guardian.co.uk:7080/ra...r_statement.rm
    or
    http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-vide..._statement.mov

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    A reliable source i.e the BBC, I realise that media is not always right but it has to be more reliable than people making posts on here.
    Maybe... but do websites count?

ReputationRep:
    I fear the casualties will be much higher than the current numbers, in the chaos I think it will be very hard for all the reports to collaborate, my thoughts are with everyone involved

ReputationRep:
    tony blair has left... he's coming home

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)

I know. I'm not an idiot.

i mean lots of sirens. More than normal.

ReputationRep:
    i was born in croydon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    Sorry but that is absolute *******s. The BBC have already labelled Al-Queda as the likely culprits when theres is next to no evidence and to be honest it's far to early to speculate.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe...ube/index.html

American point of view- CNN

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    Today in Central London it would appear it does..... no ambulances unless in critical or life threatening situation/condition.........

ReputationRep:
    There's sirens everywhere! I thought I heard some and so I switched the television off and there's sirens in Gloucester...but I imagine they're just the normal, someone's-broken-into-a-shop-type sirens.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.