Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is awful, really awful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jump)
    Sorry but that is absolute *******s. The BBC have already labelled Al-Queda as the likely culprits when theres is next to no evidence and to be honest it's far to early to speculate.
    thank you!

ReputationRep:
    no attacks in birmingham just on alert.
    i just had a call for a friend who works in the centrer saying how its going up there.
    i think people are actualy avoiding the bull- *bomb me please*-ring.

ReputationRep:
    If you watch the news they are saying it is a terrorist attack...

(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    Maybe... but do websites count?
    Stuff like BBC, Times, Guardian etc generally take some of their info from official press releases from emergency services, gov etc.

But yes they arnt always right, but its a point of view

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hana_87)
    If you watch the news they are saying it is a terrorist attack...
    yes, we established that..

ReputationRep:
    My Dad works in Tottenham Court Road, and that was pretty much in the middle of eveything. From his office, he heard the explotion that happened on the bus.
    Spent most of my morning at work in tears, but he's home safe now.

If anyone has someone in London still, that they haven't been able to contact, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

:flowers:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzy)
    tony blair has left... he's coming home
    He's coming home, he's coming home, he's coming, Tony Blair is coming home.....

ReputationRep:
    I'm so scared, I live near the centre of London. My dad was on the tube this morning, although he's safe now, and my best friend was going to go to Liverpool Street today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzy)
    yes, we established that..

:p: thought someone was saying it wasn't...

Trust to to say that :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rising_heat)
    He's coming home, he's coming home, he's coming, Tony Blair is coming home.....
    fat good that will do...

ahem...

i need to stop with the anti-tony feelings!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PunkInBlack)
    My Dad works in Tottenham Court Road, and that was pretty much in the middle of eveything. From his office, he heard the explotion that happened on the bus.
    Spent most of my morning at work in tears, but he's home safe now.
    Aaww, hun I'm glad your dads ok. You're very lucky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    Maybe... but do websites count?
    Just use your common sense, basicaly any highly regard UK media source. As longs as you back up what you say we can make our own minds up about the validity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jump)
    Sorry but that is absolute *******s. The BBC have already labelled Al-Queda as the likely culprits when theres is next to no evidence and to be honest it's far to early to speculate.
    I've heard that an extreme Islamic terrorist group has confessed to it.

ReputationRep:
    Makes ya think 'where next?!' :mad:

ReputationRep:
    The Israeli Embassy in London was notified in advance, resulting in Finance Minister Binyamin Netanyahu remaining in his hotel room rather than make his way to the hotel adjacent to the site of the first explosion, a Liverpool Street train station, where he was to address and economic summit.
    -source

ReputationRep:
    - 4 explosions- 3 tube, 1 bus
    - queen expresses sympathy
    - bush- 'we'll find them, bring them to justice' :mad:
    - suitcase in bton harmless... but they blew it up anyways! :p: sounds like brighton to me!

(NEWS)

ReputationRep:
    4 confirmed explosions. 3 on tube 1 on bus. I heard about 2 hours ago.
    When we have a confirmed number of deaths and eexplosions I shall hold a silence and urge others to do the same.

and what menas AFAIK?

ReputationRep:
    It was bound to happen one of these days. London was surely a target for these sick ppl.
    The timing is awful, Tony Blair is not about, he's up in scotland trying to sort outcpoverty/climate change, which are all important issues, no doubt now these issues will be pushed back. They must have had this planned, knowing that the powerfull governments are about to make important decisions. Now these issues will be neglected as a result of this.
    How do we know its not in anger of the Uk getting the olympic bid, maybe an attack on them in anger that the 'west' is further dominating.

Note: I am not suggesting that some crazy french dude did this! However, we dont know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kew96158)
    I've heard that an extreme Islamic terrorist group has confessed to it.
    I heard something like that. But why do they confess to it? Cos they know nobody can do anything about it! :eek:

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.