Turn on thread page Beta

London Bombings watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    Have they actually said it definitely wasn't? All I've heard is that they didn't notice anything...

Sky News are still using the words 'power surge'.
    Yep, and it was those that supply electricity to the Underground that confirmed it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil23)
    as in deaths?
    yaeh some people are dead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elyse180887)
    i heard three buses and two trains plus two trains crashed in the underground.
    its getting very confusing :confused:

ReputationRep:
    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/050707/140/fmtu4.html
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/2/hi/...on/4659093.stm

ReputationRep:
    redial mate.
    I gotta do same

ReputationRep:
    No, Tavistock Sq happened a while ago...

I like it there..

That's very close to Euston, King's X, Russell Sq 9for those who need geographical references)

ReputationRep:
    Summary:

At 8:49 there were reports of some small explosions in the underground. These appeared to be due to a power surge since they werent massive explosions. They shut down the entire underground and evacuated central train stations. Then an hour later a bus was exploded and there are reports of several more bus explosions. So initially we thought it was a tragic power surge, but now it seems this is a terrorist attack due to the bus explosions (some of the channels have pictures of the destroyed buses)

ReputationRep:
    It's really unlikely they're hurt, there's so many trains -- every two minute at least at the time of the incident. Keep trying though!

ReputationRep:
    they are stopping all the trains which are going through london as well. No trains can go through the M4 corridor or even via london. the only service running is to heathrow!

ReputationRep:
    Were they heading to work?

If so, try and get hold of their work numbers.

Do you know where they were going.

Bear in mind that EVERYONE is ringing. It took me about twenty attempts to try and send a text, the network is so clogged.

ReputationRep:
    Give them an hour. They're either busy working or just havent had a chance to call you yet. I'm used to not being able to get hold of my dad around these sorts of times (he's working for scotland yard) hopefully tours will be more sensitive and call you when they can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogtanian)
    Were they heading to work?

If so, try and get hold of their work numbers.

Do you know where they were going.

Bear in mind that EVERYONE is ringing. It took me about twenty attempts to try and send a text, the network is so clogged.
    Yeah they're both working. My mum's work said she hasn't been in yet today (and she really should be there by now), my dad's is just constantly engaged. *Redials*

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's a bit stupid still have the suburban routes carting people who just want to watch in by the trainload. It makes sense, but it quite annoying I imagine...

ReputationRep:
    seems to coordinated to be a power surge and bomb..i think they were two bombs...one to prime people onto the buses, and teh second to bomb the buses...:mad:

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe this is happening

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogtanian)
    No, Tavistock Sq happened a while ago...

I like it there..

That's very close to Euston, King's X, Russell Sq 9for those who need geographical references)
    That's right near UCL isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    I hope they are alright, my mum is also in london at this time, she was going to the garden show hampton court i think, thankfully i have heard from her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chardonnay)
    My parents are both in London today around the area where some of the explosions have been happening. Neither of them are picking up their phones. Sorry if this sounds silly but I'm worried, is there anyone I can contact?
    Keep trying - it's possible that the mobile phone signals have been prioirtised for police use and the general public are having difficulties contacting anyone in London.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    That's right near UCL isn't it?
    UCL/SOAS and a ton of other uni of london buildings

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't think that it's possible to time it so accurately. Not least by amateurs anyway...

i can't get in contact with my friend.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.