Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    There have been 7 in total.

The time of the Woburn Place explosion on the Route 30 bus was at 9.45am (just after Euston Station and by UCH).
    OMG

I can't make sense of the news

It's all confusing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR_JR)
    woburn place - an explosion (another?!>?)
    It was in Tavistock Square

ReputationRep:
    anyone know whether the bombs were mobile phone initiated or timers? They said that teh mobile phones were jammed to prevent explosions as a precaution.

ReputationRep:
    I am getting sick of this speculation it makes thing ten times harder for people and causes uneeded worry. Please only state facts and please back it up. If anybody is found to be lying they will be warned.

As far as the official sources are concerned there has been 4 explosions, it would be on the news by now if there was seven. So please no more talk about 7 explosions until it has been officialy confirmed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR_JR)
    woburn place - an explosion (another?!>?)
    woborn comes off Tavistock - it's probably refering to the earlier bus explosion outside BMA house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SW)
    OMG

I can't make sense of the news

It's all confusing...
    its chaos. Noone can have a full picture unless all the groups collect together and collaborate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    There have been 7 in total.
    There have been 4 in total. There was confusion because people were coming out of the nearest tube station either side of a bomb explosion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by islasmila)
    I know this is so insignificant in comparison to the actual situation, but i'll ask it anyway. Do you reckon the Big Brother housemates will be told about it, because in such an awful situation as this they have a right to know, especially if any of their family or friends were caught up in the incident.
    you're ****ing joking, right?
    :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Woburn Place, Tavistock Square are both the same place...just people reporting from different ends.

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.c...le=5000&icon=x

It's the bus blast and it was just outside the BMA
    Doh! beaten to it

ReputationRep:
    I can't currently find the post here about gatwick airport being closed, but gatwick's website says "Our UK airports Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted, Southampton, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen - remain open and all flights are currently operating normally.

Passengers are advised to allow additional time for their journey to and from the airports. All underground services in London are currently suspended."

Apparently the bus service from the airport (Gatwick express) is not operating.

As to whether or not it's Al Qaeda, the Beeb have suggested that the tactics differ slightly from AQ's normal methods. The aim of the blasts seem to be to shut down London transport rather than to maximise death toll. Although that by no means rules out Al Qaeda entirely.

Either way. It's hideous. I just can't believe that it's happened. It was inevitable, I guess, but that doesn't make it easier to take in. I just can't believe people can do this to one another. It makes me sick to be so close to where it's happening and be completely unable to help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    woborn comes off Tavistock - it's probably refering to the earlier bus explosion outside BMA house.
    thanks for clearing that up
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer

in case anyone is still confused - 4 blasts

ReputationRep:
    Maybe *all* comments containing information should be followed by a Source mention in Bold?

ReputationRep:
    Tavistock square! That's right near Betham House (UCL law building) I'm pretty sure :eek:

Sorry, I know it doesn't really affect me at the moment so I really shouldn't complain or anything, but still... next year i'll be sitting in the square looking at the spot where the bus exploded

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    I am getting sick of this speculation it makes thing ten times harder for people and causes uneeded worry. Please only state facts and please back it up. If anybody is found to be lying they will be warned.

As far as the official sources are concerned there has been 4 explosions, it would be on the news by now if there was seven. So please no more talk about 7 explosions until it has been officialy confirmed.
    Some of the news sources are saying 7 over here. My mom told me that one of the news stations she was watching has footage of 6 of them from various other news agencies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    Tavistock square! That's right near Betham House (UCL law building) I'm pretty sure :eek:

Sorry, I know it doesn't really affect me at the moment so I really shouldn't complain or anything, but still... next year i'll be sitting in the square looking at the spot where the bus exploded
    It is...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moncal)
    Some of the news sources are saying 7 over here. My mom told me that one of the news stations she was watching has footage of 6 of them from various other news agencies.
    Some of them are controlled blasts from what I have heard - like PQ said... 4 CONFIRMED blasts...

ReputationRep:
    9 dead at Aldgate so far.. Sky News

ReputationRep:
    Apparently:

(Original post by The TImes
    An unknown al-Qaeda cell in Europe claimed responsibility for the attack in an internet claim that could not be verified, saying: "[B
    )

Britain is now burning with fear[/B]."
    I'm not scared - I'm ****ing angry.

If the ***** think that this is going to do anything than make us hunt the little ***** harder they really are ****ing deranged!

ReputationRep:
    Once again - There have been FOUR explosions, contrary to earlier reports..

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.