Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is the full text of the statement given by the people who claim resposibility.

In the name of God, the merciful, the compassionate, may peace be upon the cheerful one and undaunted fighter, Prophet Muhammad, God's peace be upon him.

Nation of Islam and Arab nation: Rejoice for it is time to take revenge against the British Zionist Crusader government in retaliation for the massacres Britain is committing in Iraq and Afghanistan. The heroic mujahideen have carried out a blessed raid in London. Britain is now burning with fear, terror and panic in its northern, southern, eastern, and western quarters.

We have repeatedly warned the British Government and people. We have fulfilled our promise and carried out our blessed military raid in Britain after our mujahideen exerted strenuous efforts over a long period of time to ensure the success of the raid.

We continue to warn the governments of Denmark and Italy and all the Crusader governments that they will be punished in the same way if they do not withdraw their troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. He who warns is excused.

God says: "You who believe: If ye will aid (the cause of) Allah, He will aid you, and plant your feet firmly."
    Disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    i got a text off my sister : 'I work right at aldgate staion, we had to evacuate our building. Luckily cos i moved house i wasnt on that bombed train'
    Thank god, she really is lucky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pradster)
    Home Office is confirming Four explosions only at this time. I don't think it's wise to go against that without wanting to cause unnecessary panic..
    Hmm - OK, I'm guessing at least one of my colleagues is lying :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR_JR)
    Someone gimme a hug... Im close to tears
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostinfantasies)
    Controlled blasts I think are performed by the bomb squad but they're so the package explodes, but doesn't harm anything else...I think.
    so its to destroy a discovered bomb?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR_JR)
    _ Santos _ you have pissed a lo of poeple off with one statement...
    PQ thanks for the picture.

Someone gimme a hug... Im close to tears
    Big hug for you :hugs: I'm full of cuddles this morning, I'll hug anyone to make them feel an ickle bit better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR_JR)
    I guess so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saree)
    i got a text off my sister : 'I work right at aldgate staion, we had to evacuate our building. Luckily cos i moved house i wasnt on that bombed train'
    Thank god, she really is lucky.
    i am truely happy for you. That is extremely lucky. How long ago did she move?

ReputationRep:
    Ooopsy, shouldn't have deleted Jamie's post there. Please post all future discussion in www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t129116

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR_JR)
    Or something they think *could* be a bomb...

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting to hear from some of my friends

ReputationRep:
    ^^
    better safe tha sorry

ReputationRep:
    is gatwick working?

ReputationRep:
    lol btw all airports are still open if ne1 wants to know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    Still waiting to hear from some of my friends
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR_JR)
    i am truely happy for you. That is extremely lucky. How long ago did she move?
    A few weeks ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzy)
    is gatwick working?
    www.baa.com

ReputationRep:
    http://photos21.flickr.com/24230239_4746c5f953.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bohogirlie)
    So how many people roughly have died?

I didn't know anything about this till i left work...the trains are completely disrupted down here as well, they shut brighton station for a while to blow something up (someone had left something on the station aparently), so it has affected the south coast line.

I have two friends in London today, they are both fine...one was still in bed, didn't know anything about it!
    I just saw these estimates on the news: 150 dead, 1000 wounded, 150 of those are serious wounds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pradster)
    Home Office is confirming Four explosions only at this time. I don't think it's wise to go against that without wanting to cause unnecessary panic..
    Yeah, people on the frontline will know more than others, but also not everything. I mean, my friend's dad (a research doctor in Whitechapel) had to ring up my friend in Sutton to find out what was happening!

Also the confusion over Woburn/Tavistock, Different tube tunnels, etc shows some of the problems.

I think the idea of bolding the sources is a very good one indeed.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.