Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by islasmila)
    I can't believe this is happening
    it was inevtiable, as Sir John Stevens said whenever it was.

ReputationRep:
    Phil - That makes sense, i just hope that we've heard of the last of the explosions now. (the 2 bomb theory)

ReputationRep:
    Reports of another explosion in Houndsditch..

ReputationRep:
    This only happened on the tube network so the trains will be fine. I tried to call my mum and i think the phone lines are down, i got through in the end. Also both mine and my dads mobile phones have no reception, so that could be the problem. Oh and only one person has been seriously injured so dont worry! oh news update-"all phone networks have been completely saturated" see i was right.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know wot tv channels have got the best coverage for all of this? i hate to think about wot a mes this is making, especially after all the celebrations yesterday! thank god it didnt happen yesterday!!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...portaltop.html
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

ReputationRep:
    Phil - That makes sense, i just hope that we've heard of the last of the explosions now.
    me too - never thought it would happen though...all the planning and police deterrants etc

ReputationRep:
    Id say Sky News

ReputationRep:
    Mobile phones networks have been turned off in order to stop bombs being detonated that way.

ReputationRep:
    And yeah, thank God it didn't happen yesterday - so many people were out in London. Although if it was a terrorist group, wouldn't they want to kill or hurt the most people possible?

ReputationRep:
    Id say Sky News
    i'm off to see it on TV...bye for now people.

ReputationRep:
    20 confirmed dead

ReputationRep:
    Scotland Yard Hotline is going to be set up in the next half hour..

ReputationRep:
    No, Sky News are still saying it was a bloody power surge...

On normal telly, I'm sticking with the BBC...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil23)
    me too - never thought it would happen though...all the planning and police deterrants etc
    London wilol always be susceptable to terrorist attacks, Where there is a will there is a way unfortunatly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elyse180887)
    20 confirmed dead
    Oh god, is that mainly from the bus explosions?

ReputationRep:
    plus they have now found explosives on underground

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostinfantasies)
    And yeah, thank God it didn't happen yesterday - so many people were out in London. Although if it was a terrorist group, wouldn't they want to kill or hurt the most people possible?
    Their aim would be to inflict terror and get media coverage - which they've done.

ReputationRep:
    im sure they will b fine my mum dad and sister are out there and also i saw the news and people havebeen told dont to use there fones so mayb thats it but i havwnt from any of them so im in the same boat

ReputationRep:
    To me these attacks were not out to kill hundreds of people...they were out to TERRORFY people and CRIPPLE LONDON. First they shut down the underground, but just in case there was a chance things could be kept running with the buses, so they had some bombs on buses to scare people into not using them

I don't reckon they're plan was to kill as many people as possible, because the nature of explosions sound far too feeble to be attempts to kill, they rather seem attempts to cripple and terrify!

And just to think, if I was a year younger I would have been in london right in the centre today, on my way to the cambridge open day!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.