Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    From what ive heard confirmed deaths havent hit double figures yet...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR_JR)
    From what ive heard confirmed deaths havent hit double figures yet...
    it says at least 45 dead on Sky

ReputationRep:
    that shows the inconsistancy of the media. Who knows the real number?

ReputationRep:
    At least 10 dead at Kings cross, ITV says.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GiBB)
    it says at least 45 dead on Sky
    sky are guessing at about 40, bbc say there are only 2 that are "confirmed"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR_JR)
    Who knows the real number?
    Probably no one as yet.

ReputationRep:
    Just think how all the people affected are feeling. Scared? Confused? Worried? Hurt? And we are all just sitting safely at our computers discussing whats going on. I just wish I could do something to help, feel so helpless I hate this. My thoughts are with the people affected, and their families and friends, and anyone on TSR who is worried about somebody...:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    My sincere sympathies go out to those injured in London and their families. I can only hope that some day soon, this relentless circle of absolute depravity and sickening violence is stopped.
    I was only in London the other week with my friends and we went round some of those stations, thus i feel very lucky, but it seems very surreal that London has been targeted.

And to those people, who are worried about shopping on here, then I really do hope you are ashamed of yourself. Shopping is the least you can worry about.

Gemmaxx

ReputationRep:
    So far there has been no coverage of people from Islamic communities in London. It's a bit undignified of the BBC just to point the finger and not to bother gauging their reactions to what has happened.

ReputationRep:
    sick...does any one know what group are responsible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marisad_uk)
    sky are guessing at about 40, bbc say there are only 2 that are "confirmed"
    So.. 2 bodies?

ReputationRep:
    CNN are saying 40 on their homepage

http://www.cnn.com/

<edit: as are most US news places, msnbc too, sky saying 45..>

ReputationRep:
    Euston Station has just been reopened - but people are being tolf to avoid travelling to London today

ReputationRep:
    An Islamic website are reportedly carrying a message claiming their responsibility for the attacks.

ReputationRep:
    I think as all the leaders have said today, that the efficieny and professionalism with which our emergency services teams have responded today is truly amazing and they deserve a great deal of thanks and gratidue from us and all those affected.

ReputationRep:
    Oh relief... I got hold of him. hes ok.......

^^no one knows. I could claim responsibility so all the "we did it" 's cant br confirmed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GiBB)
    sick...does any one know what group are responsible?
    Some groups are claiming responsibility, but it can't be confirmed to any particular group at this time..

ReputationRep:
    I'm a muslim, I am totally sickened by this if it is Islamic terroists (highly likely). I know tons of muslims who agree with me. These extremists are a disgrace to the religion. This type of violence is not condoned by Islam and the perpretators should be punished.

ReputationRep:
    link to the full statement from an islamic page:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4660391.stm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbas6)
    I think as all the leaders have said today, that the efficieny and professionalism with which our emergency services teams have responded today is truly amazing and they deserve a great deal of thanks and gratidue from us and all those affected.
    Agreed - after all the criticisms and reports saying that they wouldn't be able to cope, I think they've done an excellent job

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.