Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will2005)
    So far there has been no coverage of people from Islamic communities in London. It's a bit undignified of the BBC just to point the finger and not to bother gauging their reactions to what has happened.
    That is quite strange. Usually the MCB would have been called up.

sick...does any one know what group are responsible?
    Some alqaeda wing have admitted responsibilty,

ReputationRep:
    On capital fm a while ago (20 mins) they were talking to the royal free hospital, nearest to the aldgate branch, and said they had treated 208 people, of which 3 were in intensive care, 8 or 9 were in surgery and about 20 were being kept in for a longer amount of time.

I imagine similar figures are reflected across other london hospitals

ReputationRep:
    Yahoo claims 40 dead, 300 injured. Probably not that accurate though.
    http://www.yahoo.com/_ylh=X3oDMTB2MX...taWU-/s/246268

I agree that the emergency services teams have done exceptionally well. They deserve great credit in preventing chaos and/or panic. Everyone seems calm.. as calm as can be expected, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe...ube/index.html

ReputationRep:
    all hospitals are over stretch atm its really hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR_JR)
    Oh relief... I got hold of him. hes ok.......

^^no one knows. I could claim responsibility so all the "we did it" 's cant br confirmed
    I'm glad he's ok :hugs: I hope you feel a bit better now, knowing he's safe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rah2)
    On capital fm a while ago (20 mins) they were talking to the royal free hospital, nearest to the aldgate branch, and said they had treated 208 people, of which 3 were in intensive care, 8 or 9 were in surgery and about 20 were being kept in for a longer amount of time.

I imagine similar figures are reflected across other london hospitals
    That will be the Royal London in Whitechapel, not the Royal Free in Hamstead...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saree)
    I'm a muslim, I am totally sickened by this if it is Islamic terroists (highly likely). I know tons of muslims who agree with me. These extremists are a disgrace to the religion. This type of violence is not condoned by Islam and the perpretators should be punished.
    I'd just like to echo what Saree has said. It's an appauling crime that these terrorists have carried out and is not in the slightest repesentative of the main body of Muslims or in any way associated with Islam.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    yup
    (from the BBC: )

Royal London Hospital - 208 brought in, 13 in theatre and three in intensive care
    St Mary's Hospital - 36 arrived, six critical, 17 seriously
    Great Ormond Street - Several brought in, one in serious condition
    University College Hospital - About 50 people being treated
    Royal Free Hospital - 55 treated, most with minor injuries

ReputationRep:
    http://www.mcb.org.uk/

I think you'll find they have been vocal in condemning the attack.

(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    I agree that the emergency services teams have done exceptionally well.
    :dito:
    Emergency Plan has been received really well and its seems the emergency efforts are really well co-ordinated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elyse180887)
    does anyone know wot tv channels have got the best coverage for all of this? i hate to think about wot a mes this is making, especially after all the celebrations yesterday! thank god it didnt happen yesterday!!
    oh my yeh thank God it didn't happen yesterday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    ahh yes..close enough

(my mum worked at the royal free at some point, thus explains my confusion)

ReputationRep:
    I agree with Abbas6, the emergency services and medical teams have been amazing at this difficult time. I hope those who are worried about family/friends hear from them soon and that they're ok.

ReputationRep:
    sky claims 45dead over 1000 injured

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...188265,00.html

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'd like to say Well done to all the brave helpers and to the emergency staff. Although, just saying well done just doesn't seem enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bouncy)
    :dito:
    Emergency Plan has been received really well and its seems the emergency efforts are really well co-ordinated
    Im so glad that weve got a good system in place for this. Is holding well in the face of this scrutiny

14:25 hours – Transport for London Update

Latest information confirms that there were four incidents on London’s transport network this morning, three on London Underground and one on London Buses.

At 09:46, the London Underground was suspended and all stations commenced evacuation following incidents at: Aldgate station heading towards Liverpool Street station on the Hammersmith & City line; Russell Square station heading towards Kings Cross station on the Piccadilly line; and Edgware Road station heading towards Paddington station on the Hammersmith & City line.

Zone 1 bus services were temporarily suspended this morning following an incident on a Route 30 bus at Woburn Place and extra security checks were undertaken on buses remaining in operation and at all garages.

Emergency services responded immediately to all incidents and are dealing with a number of casualties who have been taken to hospitals across London. Unfortunately, whilst we can confirm that there have been fatalities no confirmed figures are currently available.

Additional temporary service suspensions and public information

The Docklands Light Railway has been suspended as a precaution - there have been no incidents on the DLR network.

Drivers are advised not to come into Central London.

TFL site

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbas6)
    I'd just like to echo what Saree has said. It's an appauling crime that these terrorists have carried out and is not in the slightest repesentative of the main body of Muslims or in any way associated with Islam.
    i dont get how they think killing people and destroying peoples lives is a 'good' thing to do and that its what there god wants them to do?

ReputationRep:
    IMO it's wrong for media agencies to be broadcasting unconfirmed death tolls..

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.