Turn on thread page Beta
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Hana_87)
    Steady on :eek: he had some valid points there which i was beginning to understand....
    You can't see the 6 posts (3 before being warned personally and 3 after) that I've had to delete :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northumbrian)
    Please don't patronise me, the source is yahoo news.

I wasn't trying to be patronising, I was just urging you to label sources in future. This is important.

Secondly, is this death toll that you reported confirmed or unconfirmed? Again, important...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northumbrian)
    Please don't patronise me, the source is yahoo news.

Compared to 3000+ dead in N. Ireland, 3000 dead on 911 7000 dead in Afghanistan and 98 000 dead in Iraq, yes.
    I'd sadly have to agree with that.

ReputationRep:
    I feel that this is a bad day for London and Londoners. It feels very weird thinking about the jubilation yesterday in contrast to the tragedy that happened today. Gosh, what a week it has been...Live 8...G8...London 2012 and now this. My condolences go out to those who have lost anyone in this tertible event. But I am sure that London and the UK will pull together in the aftermath as they already have done.

ReputationRep:
    But he persistently did it after being warned off by a mod...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    You can't see the 6 posts (3 before being warned personally and 3 after) that I've had to delete :mad:

Ahhh well, i dunno... You know best :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise_1988)
    Or it jsut suggests that it was from a small-scale terrorist organisation. The impression is that it may just be a small terrorist group with weak links to the larger networks.
    Well, that's how it all works, because the higher-ups are all about "martyrdom" for people other than themselves. Also, the structure of al-Qaeda is such that the small cells are expected to be able to plan and carry out attacks without the support of the leadership. Sick, sick people.

ReputationRep:
    BBC has confirmed the death toll at 33. Personally, I expect it to rise.

ReputationRep:
    It's frightening. Frightening that there are people who will blow themselves up in exchange for many innocent peoples' lives. Frightening that it is these "suicide bombers" who are so ordinary to the naked eye, and remain undetected, yet are the soul of these attacks. God bless England.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bisha)
    BBC has confirmed the death toll at 33. Personally, I expect it to rise.

So do i, but nowhere near as mnay as 911 thank god

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizz Kid)
    It's frightening. Frightening that there are people who will blow themselves up in exchange for many innocent peoples' lives. Frightening that it is these "suicide bombers" who are so ordinary to the naked eye, and remain undetected, yet are the soul of these attacks. God bless England.

Scary isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Hooray for staying in bed and missing my train!

Or else I'd have been in Liverpool street station at just the right time......

ReputationRep:
    So do i, but nowhere near as mnay as 911 thank god
    Yes thank god....but still 33 is still awful!

ReputationRep:
    Phew, managed to get on a train from Waterloo and get home Very relieved...

ReputationRep:
    This is really scary, my mum was up in london today thank god shes alright, she just got back, she couldnt contact me by mobile because the network was so clogged

ReputationRep:
    Me too, actually. I was too lazy to get up and go to Liverpool street, heh.

15:41 Transport for London Update

* National Rail services are now being resumed and major terminals are re-opening
    * Bus services are expected to be running by 1600hrs
    * Docklands Light Railway services are being resumed
    * London Underground will be closed for the rest of the day and will resume service tomorrow morning.

TFL site

ReputationRep:
    Ive just heard on the news that a police sniper had to take out a suicide bomber!
    but no one has confirmed this yet

ReputationRep:
    Shamen had no tact whatsoever. In comparison to other atrocities this may seem a smaller incident, but it has still taken lives, and families will be ripped apart - so it really isn't justified in my opinion to compare this to other macabre incidents, as nobody can explain how one killing is worse than another.

ReputationRep:
    Scary isn't it?
    It is. And this is what the terrorists want; they want us to fear them. It scares me more when Bush says "We will not give these terrorists what they want" because I feel this enrages the terrorists, but at the same time if we do give into them, they will know this is a method which gives them what they way. So either way, I feel we can't win.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.