Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GiBB)
    Yes thank god....but still 33 is still awful!

Definately! I couldn't agree more.... Tragic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GiBB)
    Ive just heard on the news that a police sniper had to take out a suicide bomber!
    but no one has confirmed this yet
    Yer i heard someone say that, but i have heard no more. Sounds a little far fetched, but i would be interested to know more.

ReputationRep:
    Originally Posted by GiBB
    Yes thank god....but still 33 is still awful!
    Yes 33 is a horrific amount of fatalities, after all any amount dead is horrific!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hana_87)
    Yeah i know, thats true.... Its just so terrible
    :hugs: yeah I know... wow, you can't believe what people will do in the name of religion can you?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard when they're planning to re-open King's Cross? My mum's in London for the day and is trying to decide if she can get home this evening.

ReputationRep:
    There was NO police sniper (bbc news conference)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SB)
    :hugs: yeah I know... wow, you can't believe what people will do in the name of religion can you?

:hugs: back..... xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise_1988)
    Yer i heard someone say that, but i have heard no more. Sounds a little far fetched, but i would be interested to know more.
    It's not true I think, just a rumour. The dudes at the press conference said that it didnt happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogtanian)
    If it is a deliberate attack, I doubt it's Islamist terrorists. I've always thought they wouldn't attack London, and with this attack the area around Brick Lane has been severely affected...
    Why would you think they wouldn't attack London?

ReputationRep:
    Compared with other bomb attacks what we have had so far is not major. I was near the Edgware Road bomb myself and the important thing about it was- like the Madrid bombs and unlike IRA bombs- it was aimed at people. Even there it was- in the long run- not very serious. These terrorists, after years of trying, have managed to kill a few dozen people in London. Motorists kill more people in London every year than terrorists do. By panicking and over-reacting we give them a victory.
    Yes, we should sympathise will the dead and the injured and their friends, but the most important thing to do is to continue to behave normally. Every day lived normally is a victory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madelyn)
    Has anyone heard when they're planning to re-open King's Cross? My mum's in London for the day and is trying to decide if she can get home this evening.
    I don't think they're re-opening Kings Cross for the moment...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madelyn)
    It will take longer for King's Cross to open, as the emergency services are still there trying to help people, it will probably be the last station to reopen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizz Kid)
    It is. And this is what the terrorists want; they want us to fear them. It scares me more when Bush says "We will not give these terrorists what they want" because I feel this enrages the terrorists, but at the same time if we do give into them, they will know this is a method which gives them what they way. So either way, I feel we can't win.
    I think its worse though if we give them what they want, we've got to find a way of rising above it. We can't become hysterical confused and frightened because we come their victums truly. Of course they'll be enraged, they mighbegin to find another way of communicating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weejimmie)
    How was Shamen scaremongering? They made the point that compared with other bomb attacks what we have had so far is not major. I was near the Edgware Road bomb myself and the important thing about it was- like the Madrid bombs and unlike IRA bombs- it was aimed at people. Even there it was- in the long run- not very serious. These terrorists, after years of trying, have managed to kill a few dozen people in London. Motorists kill more people in London every year than terrorists do. By panicking and over-reacting we give them a victory.
    Yes, we should sympathise will the dead and the injured and their friends, but the most important thing to do is to continue to behave normally. Every day lived normally is a victory.

Yes, i agree.. But he could have worded certain sentences differently.... :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weejimmie)
    By panicking and over-reacting we give them a victory.
    The end of your post I agree with!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm scared

ReputationRep:
    Such a shame. These terrorists will always find a reason to give an honorable name to their empty sectarianism. Should this turn out to be another attack by Al-Qaeda, I myself haven't any doubt that the greater part of this venom got itself into war against the 'infidels' only as a result of the excited nature of Islamic propaganda. We all know the unscrupulousness of sectarians when they set out to turn their cause into an apologia for themselves. May the perpetrators die a painful and slow death.

ReputationRep:
    Charing Cross station is open but with very few trains - so I recommend a walk there.

ReputationRep:
    anyone know when all the Tube will be open?

ReputationRep:
    I think it was confirmed that it won't be opened today, though they haven't said anything about tomorrow.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.