Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HistoryStudent)
    anyone know when all the Tube will be open?
    Tomorrow morning http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/
    • National Rail services are now being resumed and major terminals are re-opening
    • Bus services are expected to be running by 1600hrs
    • Docklands Light Railway services are being resumed
    • London Underground will be closed for the rest of the day and will resume service tomorrow morning.
    I'd be lying if I said that I'm not worried about taking the tube tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soulsussed)
    I think its worse though if we give them what they want, we've got to find a way of rising above it. We can't become hysterical confused and frightened because we come their victums truly. Of course they'll be enraged, they mighbegin to find another way of communicating.
    No. But we have to realise that we need to make some big changes within this country, to reduce the threat and to also be able to cope with the London games.

London Underground will be closed for the rest of the day and will resume service tomorrow morning.

TFL site
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Weejimmie)
    How was Shamen scaremongering?
    I deleted 6 posts of Shamens, 3 before and 3 after I warned him specifically that further posts of that nature would result in a ban.

ReputationRep:
    I am absolutely apalled by the terrorists, what is the point? its just awful. i hope that everyone is okay, and all my love to those involved.

---------
    i was supposed to be going to london tomorrow, to see REM on saturday, but ive just cancelled. it looks like the terrorists have won. its so upsetting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    Tomorrow morning http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/

Thanks for the info

ReputationRep:
    tommorrow is probley the safest time to use it....seing as all the police are on high alert and will be searching everyone.

Im even more sure this the career i wanna go into now. go emergency planning! The emergency services have been brilliant

ReputationRep:
    45 mins earlier and my dad was on the underground. No idea how he's getting home tonight, my mum might drive into london, she says.

I found out at 10:55, appalled, talked about it in German at 11:05 realised my dad was in London, almost burst into tears, ran out of classroom with my phone. Got through to no-one. Came back in 10mins later knowing nothing, then mum rang, he was ok, thank god.

In our common room we all sat in silence listening to it at 12:30, radio 1, almost burst into tears, was worrying about TSR-ians. I hope everyone here is ok.
    Some people are absolutely f*cked up, it's not religion, it's insanity, and I could but won't go on.

ReputationRep:
    Victoria/Liverpool St. Railway Stations have reopened..

ReputationRep:
    *sigh*

This is terrifying..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pradster)
    Victoria/Liverpool St. Railway Stations have reopened..

BBC reckon Liverpool St won't be opening..

ReputationRep:
    I have a few friends who work in the City. It's going to be a real nightmare getting home...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogtanian)
    BBC reckon Liverpool St won't be opening..
    No they don't:

Network Rail said it planned to re-open St Pancras and Liverpool Street stations by the end of the day so people could get home.
    Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4659817.stm

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know what the chances are of my cousin getting from London to Manchester tonight are? I guess it depends on Euston Station.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    Does anybody know what the chances are of my cousin getting from London to Manchester tonight are? I guess it depends on Euston Station.
    All Overground stations are opening shortly except for Kings Cross and Liverpool Street, so your cousin could make it.

ReputationRep:
    Euston has been reopened but services are limited.. he might get home tonight, but it'll be late..

I believe the West Coast line is being prioritised to run - you should be able to get to Wolverhampton at least..

ReputationRep:
    Omg I just heard the news over here! :eek: I hope you're all alright. This is just awful! Our news is saying that a terrorist web site is claiming to have done it and that they were attacking due to britain's involvement with the US in the war

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    Could he get a taxi (..hmm that woudl be very expensive)..

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/4...stunnel300.jpg

People evacuating in the Kings Cross Tunnel

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Who is going to be the top scorer of the World Cup in 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.