Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*PinkTeaCozy*~)
    Omg I just heard the news over here! :eek: I hope you're all alright. This is just awful! Our news is saying that a terrorist web site is claiming to have done it and that they were attacking due to britain's involvement with the US in the war
    yeah thats what i heard...but its all to easy for a group to claim responsibilty.
    it probley is linked with the war but who knows!

ReputationRep:
    i'm guessing it'll be tough to get a train from euston though just up the road (well a fair walk up several roads) there's a national express bus station at golders green which i'm guessing won't be as overwhelmed as the one at victoria

ReputationRep:
    Poor people on ITV news

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GiBB)
    tommorrow is probley the safest time to use it....seing as all the police are on high alert and will be searching everyone.
    Actually, in true WW2 fashion, that would be the worst time to use it. The terrorists could easily have set these bombs off, put everyone on full alert, yet had another bomb waiting to go off the next day when everything has numbed down. At the moment, there is no safest time to use the tube. I have been put off using it for a good month at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pradster)
    No they don't:
    Hmm, BBC News broadcasts said that all overground stations bar King's X and Liverpool St. are expected to open tonight.

Have to wait and see. I think it'll be as and when they can do it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    Could he get a taxi (..hmm that woudl be very expensive)..
    208 miles, yes it would, it cost about £500. I think the train is the only real valid option.

ReputationRep:
    Been listening to the radio all day and I jst wanna say that i think that the emergency services have done the most amazing job! We complain so muhc about the NHS but it goes to show wat we can do wen our backs are against the wall! I ahve heard all sorts of fantastic stories about people helping one another, and that we are all determined not to be destroyed by what has happened and have courage to condemn those who comitted such attacks. I hope that everyone here and all their families are well, and my thoughts and prayers are with everyone. Much Love

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BloodyValentine)
    i'm guessing it'll be tough to get a train from euston though just up the road (well a fair walk up several roads) there's a national express bus station at golders green which i'm guessing won't be as overwhelmed as the one at victoria
    National Express said a while ago that they'd cancelled all London services.

ReputationRep:
    I absoutly sympathise with anyone involved and i myself live in central london and heard the liverpool st blast from my house-pretty scary huh? My mum is still working in the city at the moment and my dad is working in centre london aswell HOWEVER reading these posts does it not strike you how selfish we are, be it 2 or 50 confirmed deaths-madrid had 200 plus, New york had thousands, you have to admit it is a relative minor attack. I dont think we should be getting too paraniod about this-the emergancy services were brilliant and as far as i know there were minium casualties.

National Express wishes to advise customers that, due to the current disruption in London, all coach services in and out of London have been suspended until further notice.

We are in contact with our drivers, so they are able to advise customers who are already on board a coach of the latest situation.
    National Express Site

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*PinkTeaCozy*~)
    Well, I really hope it's not...Waking up to this was such a blow. I know it's far from the same level as 9/11, but it brought back some memories...
    I couldn't even begin to imagine what that was like for you...
    I wouldnt of thought an attack like this would have got me feeling worried and angry like I do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madelyn)
    National Express said a while ago that they'd cancelled all London services.
    oh right, but there were all these reports on the radio of people queuing for coaches so i assumed that you could get the bus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~the_one~)
    I absoutly sympathise with anyone involved and i myself live in central london and heard the liverpool st blast from my house-pretty scary huh? My mum is still working in the city at the moment and my dad is working in centre london aswell HOWEVER reading these posts does it not strike you how selfish we are, be it 2 or 50 confirmed deaths-madrid had 200 plus, New york had thousands, you have to admit it is a relative minor attack. I dont think we should be getting too paraniod about this-the emergancy services were brilliant and as far as i know there were minium casualties.
    Yes, I agree with you and the other person who mentioned these as being minor. But this is London's first terrorist attack, so it's understanable how everyone is frantic.

16:11 Latest service information

* Docklands Light Railway has resumed but will not be stopping at Bank, Stratford and Canning Town.
    * National Rail has resumed service but there is continued disruption.
    * Bus services in Zone 1 are returning to service.
    * London Underground will be closed for the rest of the day and will resume service tomorrow morning.
    TFL site

ReputationRep:
    AT: I'm assuming he'd be using Virgin Trains?

Disruption to Virgin Trains services
    We are now operating limited services to and from London Euston. However, we strongly advise customers not to travel to/from London today unless absolutely necessary.

All CrossCountry services are operating normally.

Anyone holding tickets dated today can use them to travel until the end of Sunday 10th July.

We will provide further updates as we receive more information.

Infomation last updated on 07 July 2005 at 15:39

(VirginTrains.co.uk)

I think that he'd have few problems getting out of London, other than packed trains and a few delays. But i reckon he'll get out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~the_one~)
    True...But these terrorists have taken it too far. They're killing innocent people. It just makes me angry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    Does anybody know what the chances are of my cousin getting from London to Manchester tonight are? I guess it depends on Euston Station.
    Virgin trains are running services from Euston - anyone holding a ticket dated 7/7/05 will be able to use that ticket until Sunday for their stated route.

London Liverpool Street HAS reopened with limited rail services.

ReputationRep:
    But this is London's first terrorist attack, so it's understanable how everyone is frantic.
    Yes its true, but london has and will withstand much worse. Blitz, Natwest tower etc.

ReputationRep:
    I hope everyone is fine and let's all pray for the dead, wounded and their families that they get through this despairing time. Let's also pray that God brings those responsible to justice.

Having been on the London tube, only once, I can only imagine the utter chaos that would have ensued. I'd also like to say it seems that the emergency services have done an outstanding job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogtanian)
    AT: I'm assuming he'd be using Virgin Trains?

Disruption to Virgin Trains services
    We are now operating limited services to and from London Euston. However, we strongly advise customers not to travel to/from London today unless absolutely necessary.

All CrossCountry services are operating normally.

Anyone holding tickets dated today can use them to travel until the end of Sunday 10th July.

We will provide further updates as we receive more information.

Infomation last updated on 07 July 2005 at 15:39

(VirginTrains.co.uk)

I think that he'd have few problems getting out of London, other than packed trains and a few delays. But i reckon he'll get out.

Thanks, the journey will be as necessary as you can get. His trains not till later so it might have cleared up a bit by then. PS I assume this is Virign Trains though me could be using the Midland service.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.