Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ~the_one~: Yes, there are less dead than in the other two attacks(9/11, Madrid). But there is still confusion and chaos in London, and people have still died. People are going to be concerned, and I don't think that's selfish at all.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I must go but please be careful today...Best wishes to you all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizz Kid)
    But this is London's first terrorist attack, so it's understanable how everyone is frantic.
    Huh? Did the IRA's campaign suddenly become erased from memory? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*PinkTeaCozy*~)
    True...But these terrorists have taken it too far. They're killing innocent people. It just makes me angry
    Thats terrorists they're cowards they havent got the balls to attack something that can defend itself, hopefully this will give the security sevrices and government a kikc up the arse and improve homeland security andprotect our borders better!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~the_one~)
    Yes its true, but london has and will withstand much worse. Blitz, Natwest tower etc.
    Of course, and to be honest, this has been inevitable.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what the M4s like at the moment, traffic wise? I'm thinking of going and picking the rents up.

ReputationRep:
    That was scary...I was in the middle of that. In the heart of the city. Basically next to Russell Square, was near Liverpool St when the explosion there went off. It has taken me 2.5 hours to get home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pradster)
    Huh? Did the IRA's campaign suddenly become erased from memory? :confused:
    i was just thinking that...

some complete numpties on this forum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chardonnay)
    Anyone know what the M4s like at the moment, traffic wise? I'm thinking of going and picking the rents up.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/local/motorways.shtml

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizz Kid)
    Yes, I agree with you and the other person who mentioned these as being minor. But this is London's first terrorist attack, so it's understanable how everyone is frantic.
    first? first?? what are u talking about?? have u never heard of the harrods bomb etc etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    Thanks, the journey will be as necessary as you can get. His trains not till later so it might have cleared up a bit by then. PS I assume this is Virign Trains though me could be using the Midland service.
    Virgin Trains are only running a service from Euston to Wolverhampton. You'd have to catch another train from W'ton to get to Manchester.

M4 stuff

http://www.theaa.com/travelwatch/tra...ameterValue=M4

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, most of the big IRA campaigns took place before a lot of people here would remember.

I mean, I only know about some of them thanks to my family. The ones within my living memory were nowhere near as big as the ones in the eighties..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pradster)
    Virgin Trains are only running a service from Euston to Wolverhampton. You'd have to catch another train from W'ton to get to Manchester.
    I don't quite get the logic in that, why are they are not completing the journey to Manchester?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by * gemchicken *)
    Have you managed to get thorugh to your sister? I'm sure she's ok but you must be worried. Big hugs to you too :hugs: let us know when you find out your sister is ok too!
    aww thanks. yh got in contact with her recently. Its all a bit scary when its all happening at our doorstep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogtanian)
    To be fair, most of the big IRA campaigns took place before a lot of people here would remember.

I mean, I only know about some of them thanks to my family. The ones within my living memory were nowhere near as big as the ones in the eighties..
    perhaps you are forgetting canary wharf. and that wasnt in the 1980's either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    I don't quite get the logic in that, why are they are not completing the journey to Manchester?
    I think it's so trains can head back down to Euston as quickly as possible..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    perhaps you are forgetting canary wharf. and that wasnt in the 1980's either.
    I rememember that was about 1995/1996 wasn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    I rememember that was about 1995/1996 wasn't it?
    9th February 1996.

ReputationRep:
    AT: From NationalRail.co.uk..

Virgin Trains
    Virgin Trains services are operating from London Euston, XX:40 to Wolverhampton, XX:18 to Liverpool, XX:05 to Manchester, XX:45 to Glasgow Central. Trains towards Reading are terminating at Oxford.

So it's running, just hourly rather than half hourly.

And technik, I wasn't forgetting it. I just thought that happened in the eighties. If it was the early-mid nineties I was only a young child. So not knowing the full details of it is forgiveable.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.