why do my posts keep dissapearing :confused:
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    why do my posts keep dissapearing :confused:
    Because they are speculation and this is not the time or the place to be posting speculation.

Wait a day or two and then you can post your theories to your hearts content, but for now - as I stated - all speculation/scaremongering posts will be deleted and people who persistantly make posts of this type will be temporarily banned

ReputationRep:
    True, that compared to New York or Madrid they are minor...but we have to consider the wider significance...the timing - just after the olympic bid, the begining of the G8 Sumit, a few days after Live8...also, considering such disasters in past few years that we have not been able to prevent these things from happening, and to change the world we live in. You would have thought that 9/11 was enough, but I think now perhaps people and leaders may finally recognise (now that it was right on their doorsteps) that this will no longer be tolerated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Because they are speculation and this is not the time or the place to be posting speculation.

Wait a day or two and then you can post your theories to your hearts content, but for now - as I stated - all speculation/scaremongering posts will be deleted and people who persistantly make posts of this type will be temporarily banned
    Erm. Right.

ReputationRep:
    I can't stop watching the news, it just doesn't feel real. Im happy for all the TSR's whos family are safe after being in London.

(Original post by alkaeda)
    :rofl: you really believe that terrorists visit a uk student forum? :eek:
    well they have bombed the uk! who knows!!! they could be reading anything!! :eek: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    lucky you, chardonnay.

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering what your first reaction to the events in the bombs in London today were...

sad?, scared?, angry? e.t.c

I was initially shocked but then i came quite angry towards what ever monsters did it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YourSideView)
    I was wondering what your first reaction to the events in the bombs in London today were...

I was initially shocked but then i came quite angry towards what ever monsters did it...
    Chilled. My mum told me about it before I saw the news and I went all cold and shivery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaeda)
    :rofl: you really believe that terrorists visit a uk student forum? :eek:
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Shock, anger, dismay and a deep sadness about what happened. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and the families.

Huge shock as I was only talking about the possibilty a few weeks ago with the people that make the plans to prepare

ReputationRep:
    I felt shocked, angry and upset. They didn't deserve to be hurt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YourSideView)

Confused. When I got to the tube station this morning (around 9:30am) I was told the line was closed due to a power surge. I only learnt about it when I got back home 10 mins later.

All feels slightly unreal, which is strange given I'm only a few minutes away from where its all happening. But, at the same time, I still feel no reluctance to ride the tube again (which I probably will be tomorrow - where I'll be going through Kings X where the worst of the bombs went off).

ReputationRep:
    I was told when I was making myself breakfast at 1300 hours. I was awe-struck and turned on the TV; I sat there in silence for about half an hour.

ReputationRep:
    Only a matter of time.

ReputationRep:
    does anybody know if any of the affected stations (e.g Kings X etc) will be open tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    well, that well and truly suckz. I thought i was having a bad day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    I still feel no reluctance to ride the tube again (which I probably will be tomorrow - where I'll be going through Kings X where the worst of the bombs went off).
    King's Cross is a crime scene, surely? The circle line definitely won't be open but will the others?

ReputationRep:
    I thought they didn't know which line the tube trains were on?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.