Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is ChelseaBabe okay?

(Original post by Herleif Arkadios)
    does anybody know if any of the affected stations (e.g Kings X etc) will be open tomorrow?
    i would assume Kings X would be back up and running tomorrow morning, other wise it will be chaos again, they usually try to get everything up and running as sooon as possible.

ReputationRep:
    What I find scary is the fact that the police have said that they don't know if this is all over.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, as for being scared to use public transport?

I won't be. They won't open it until they think it's safe.

Besides, like I said, I'm tube obsessed...

ReputationRep:
    I remember seeing the reports this morning on the BBC News website that a power surge on the Underground had injured some people - I didn't think anything of it until I read it and saw that it was on different lines.. I found that odd..

And then when they said the top deck of a bus had blown off, I got totally confused - how does a power surge underground cause damage to a bus? They didn't mention anything about bombs until about 15 mintues later..

(Original post by pradster)
    I remember seeing the reports this morning on the BBC News website that a power surge on the Underground had injured some people - I didn't think anything of it until I read it and saw that it was on different lines.. I found that odd..

And then when they said the top deck of a bus had blown off, I got totally confused - how does a power surge underground cause damage to a bus? They didn't mention anything about bombs until about 15 mintues later..
    yes :dito: i got confused tooo, i am very surprise canary wharf was not attacked. seems a bit ironic that a bomb goes off in a tube station aswell as a power surge. defo confused now. someone please explain to me. thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogtanian)
    Oh, as for being scared to use public transport?

I won't be. They won't open it until they think it's safe.

Besides, like I said, I'm tube obsessed...
    Yes, it feels like avoiding the tube would be letting them win

(Original post by Saree)
    What I find scary is the fact that the police have said that they don't know if this is all over.
    i wouldn't of thought anything will happen now. but best to be safe then sorry i suppose. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flukey)
    yes :dito: i got confused tooo, i am very surprise canary wharf was not attacked. seems a bit ironic that a bomb goes off in a tube station aswell as a power surge. defo confused now. someone please explain to me. thanks guys
    It wasn't a power surge in the first place. The people who were monitoring the Underground saw problems across the grid and the signs resembled that of a power surge. Then nobody was sure what had happened on the ground and the media held the power surge story to prevent public panic. Then it came out that it was actually bombs..

(Original post by pradster)
    It wasn't a power surge in the first place. The people who were monitoring the Underground saw problems across the grid and the signs resembled that of a power surge. Then nobody was sure what had happened on the ground and the media held the power surge story to prevent public panic. Then it came out that it was actually bombs..
    oh i see, got ya! thanks for that. understand fully now. the media actualy did something good for once. hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    plus the attack was planned for today so it should be over by tomorrow.
    unless they are that nasty they've planned it over a couple of days. that would be horrible
    Security will be on a maximum state of alert - that's not to say Britain is immune to another attack, but the country will certainly be alert..

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know what happened to the story about some guy with explosives being shot at heathrow?? OR was that just rumour

ReputationRep:
    I've just heard on the radio that some London hotels have put prices up from £70 a night to £200 odd! They should be ashamed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flukey)
    i am very very very pleased a bomb didn't go off in canary wharf, that's v. near where my dad works.
    why is it a surprise though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomInPortsmouth)
    I've just heard on the radio that some London hotels have put prices up from £70 a night to £200 odd! They should be ashamed.
    That's just wrong..

ReputationRep:
    The irony of all this is that I was gonna order my Oyster card today :eek:

ReputationRep:
    That's terrible, people who can't get home today need a place to stay....capitalism! What happpened to helping those who need it most...altruism? No, in this day and age it's all about making money. Disgraceful.

ReputationRep:
    In time like these, we should all unite. These terrorists shall not bully us into a lifetime of fear and devastation. We must be strong.

Thats awful

ReputationRep:
    tony blair is speaking now

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.