Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    Deepest condolancies...blah blah...mustn't give in...blah blah...protect values inherent to our nation...blah blah...can't say too much for security reasons...blah blah...

Its even more cringe-worthy when you know if they'd handled issues in the middle-east with less horrendous mistakes that such bombings may never have happened.
    true

(Original post by TomInPortsmouth)
    KCL are only letting students and staff stay I believe.
    well at least they are doing something

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me, or are posts being deleted?! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but he's made three, and all have been the same tired old rhetoric.

I wouldnt mind putting up with the same old crap now if, sooner or later, he would actually be forced to be accountable for some of the causes behind the blasts.

But of course, we all know he'll be whitewashed, as usual.
    I frankly think its disgusting that within hours of these horrific attacks, we have people on this thread criticising our own PM for not only his words of reassurance to our nation, but suggesting he was in some way responsible for the indiscriminate murder this morning. Those people have seriously lost any respect I may have had for them. Utterly disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    Was it not a repeat of the 1200 speech?

Is he in London yet? I saw a picture of him leaving Scotland in a chinook but not sure what time that was.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, he is back in London.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Is it just me, or are posts being deleted?! :confused:
    Any post that is scaremongering ("what if they'll go fo xxx next" etc etc) or speculating ("they were trying to do xxx but did yyy instead" etc) will be deleted.

There is a time and a place for analysis and deconstruction of current events - this is neither.

People who persistantly make such posts in an attempt to stir up suspicion or fear will be banned temporarily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vienna)
    I frankly think its disgusting that within hours of these horrific attacks, we have people on this thread criticising our own PM for not only his words of reassurance to our nation, but suggesting he was in some way responsible for the indiscriminate murder this morning. Those people have seriously lost any respect I may have had for them. Utterly disgusting.
    Oh for God's sake. Its no great suprise that people are going to point the finger of blame towards the Blair and Bush's rather reckless and antogonising approach to the Middle-East for the motivation behind the attacks today (not that I am in any way legitimising the attacks - they are truely dispicable acts).

People will want to know why what happened today happened. I don't care if you find it disgusting.

ReputationRep:

I wouldnt mind putting up with the same old crap now if, sooner or later, he would actually be forced to be accountable for some of the causes behind the blasts.

But of course, we all know he'll be whitewashed, as usual.
    I didnt think it'd be long before people started blaming Tony Blair..so what exactly do you hold him accountable for? Do you expect him to personally check every persons bag who enters a bus or train or plane. The govt have been prepared and expected this sort of thing which is why the brilliant emergency operation in place meant the impact was minimal, however the diverse nature of threats means its impossible to make a city 100% safe. Just be glad we dont have a Tory govt or the impacts would be far worse, especially with their past records and proposed cuts to health and defence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Any post that is scaremongering ("what if they'll go fo xxx next" etc etc) or speculating ("they were trying to do xxx but did yyy instead" etc) will be deleted.

There is a time and a place for analysis and deconstruction of current events - this is neither.

People who persistantly make such posts in an attempt to stir up suspicion or fear will be banned temporarily.
    Fair enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)

I don't think that is particularly helpful. Surely you have to speculate to accumulate.

ReputationRep:
    Let our prayers be with the families of the daead the seriously injured and civillians of london (I know theres a thread already on this) after todays tragic events and hope that it will not happen again in the future.xxx

ReputationRep:
    I don't care if you find it disgusting.
    Consideration for other people does appear to be your weak point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john williams)
    Just be glad we dont have a Tory govt or the impacts would be far worse, especially with their past records and proposed cuts to health and defence.
    Just when im about to applaud your comments, you use these attacks as an appalling political tool. Quite unbelievable.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god :eek:

ReputationRep:
    i was in the central london area earlier today, just like to say that although i didnt see the explosions it was the most frightening experience in my life. my heart really goes out for those people and their families and friends at such a time.

ReputationRep:
    Can everyone just calm down with the politics and get back to the facts

ReputationRep:
    Oh for God's sake. Its no great suprise that people are going to point the finger of blame towards the Blair and Bush's rather reckless and antogonising approach to the Middle-East for the motivation behind the attacks today (not that I am in any way legitimising the attacks - they are truely dispicable acts).

People will want to know why what happened today happened. I don't care if you find it disgusting.
    It is entirely probable that this attack was planned before the War on Terror began.

It would be more discreet to save finger-pointing until the dust has settled.

ReputationRep:
    maybe blair should have had consideration for the middle eastern countries before he automatically blamed them for the attacks.

ReputationRep:
    is their another bomb....becuase on sky news a man is saying that the police are moving people away from a suspicious package and that they are courding off the area.
    I hope not!

ReputationRep:
    Ditto hulachick15. Life has to carry on and those affected have to rebuild their lives. Well done to all the emergency people. You guys did a fantastic job. It's time for London and everywhere in England to join together and not let this incident ruin their lives. RIP

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.