Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GiBB)
    is their another bomb....becuase on sky news a man is saying that the police are moving people away from a suspicious package and that they are courding off the area.
    I hope not!
    I heard that - something about a controlled explosion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !Laxy!)
    I don't think that is particularly helpful. Surely you have to speculate to accumulate.

Maybe, but why not wait until more is known?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doragas)
    maybe blair should have had consideration for the middle eastern countries before he automatically blamed them for the attacks.
    He didn't blame middle eastern countries, though.

(Original post by Vienna)
    I frankly think its disgusting that within hours of these horrific attacks, we have people on this thread criticising our own PM for not only his words of reassurance to our nation, but suggesting he was in some way responsible for the indiscriminate murder this morning. Those people have seriously lost any respect I may have had for them. Utterly disgusting.
    yeah vienna i completely agree with you! :tsr: i have great respect for making his speeches, they were very moral lifting. good old tony

ReputationRep:
    Just when im about to applaud your comments, you use these attacks as an appalling political tool. Quite unbelievable.
    I did think about not including it, however it wasnt meant as an attack just that even though 30+ deaths is devastating, it could have been alot worse under another administration and was pointing out a good job the govt have done, and i presume he is a Tory.

ReputationRep:
    Latest: Suspect package on bus in Victoria Station

ReputationRep:
    Is everyones mobiles not working or is it just in London?

(Original post by HearTheThunder)
    Latest: Suspect package on bus in Victoria Station
    thats not on bbc news or itv news at the moment

ReputationRep:
    ^^ its all over sky news....i hope its not a bomb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    Is everyones mobiles not working or is it just in London?

Just in London, i think.

My coverage is on and off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john williams)
    I didnt think it'd be long before people started blaming Tony Blair..so what exactly do you hold him accountable for? Do you expect him to personally check every persons bag who enters a bus or train or plane. The govt have been prepared and expected this sort of thing which is why the brilliant emergency operation in place meant the impact was minimal, however the diverse nature of threats means its impossible to make a city 100% safe. Just be glad we dont have a Tory govt or the impacts would be far worse, especially with their past records and proposed cuts to health and defence.
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    Deepest condolancies...blah blah...mustn't give in...blah blah...protect values inherent to our nation...blah blah...can't say too much for security reasons...blah blah...

Its even more cringe-worthy when you know if they'd handled issues in the middle-east with less horrendous mistakes that such bombings may never have happened.
    What's wrong with you people? This kind of attituding is disturbing in the best of times. Using the murder of dozens of innocent civilians just to score a cheap political point is utterly disgraceful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    What's wrong with you people? This kind of attituding is disturbing in the best of times. Using the murder of dozens of innocent civilians just to score a cheap political point is utterly disgraceful.
    hear hear

ReputationRep:
    And this isn't the thread for political speculation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogtanian)
    Just in London, i think.

My coverage is on and off.
    Cant get through to any of my mates, been saying ''unavailable'' all day =(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john williams)
    I did think about not including it, however it wasnt meant as an attack just that even though 30+ deaths is devastating, it could have been alot worse under another administration and was pointing out a good job the govt have done, and i presume he is a Tory.
    Youre sick.

(Original post by Bismarck)
    yes i completely agree, nice point dude! cheers for making your point.

ReputationRep:
    Things seemed to have calmed down; at one point today i heard there were 9 bombs so to find ot there were just 4 was a relief in some ways. Although the loss of 30 peoples lives is devasting for their friends and family we must put it in perspective with the twin tower attacks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GiBB)
    ^^ its all over sky news....i hope its not a bomb
    any update??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doragas)
    maybe blair should have had consideration for the middle eastern countries before he automatically blamed them for the attacks.
    Is this all you have to say?

Youre sick.
    once again i completely agree with you vienna

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.