Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Unbelievable event. Heart breaking, as those areas are well known to me. Hope for broad based calm and common sense thru all this.

ReputationRep:
    BBC NEWS: 37 confirmed dead. I think it's the chief of the Met police saying this.

Two from the bus, two more from Edgware road.

700 confirmed casualties, some of whom are seriously ill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogtanian)
    BBC NEWS: 37 confirmed dead.

Two from the bus, two more from Edgware road.

700 confirmed casualties, some of whom are seriously ill.
    Jesus... Last I heard it was 28 dead and 150 injured...

It just keeps getting bigger and bigger

ReputationRep:
    sadly, i doubt culprits will be found for this and prosecutions will be few. Its a sad fact about terrorism that makes it one of the worse problems for those trying to grieve for their relatives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flukey)
    yeah vienna i completely agree with you! :tsr: i have great respect for making his speeches, they were very moral lifting. good old tony
    yeh and even a few of my Tory/Lib Dems friends said that in the first speech he made (on his own) he looked genuinely shocked and upset and it shows he does care about Britain’s interests.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saree)
    Ditto hulachick15. Life has to carry on and those affected have to rebuild their lives. Well done to all the emergency people. You guys did a fantastic job. It's time for London and everywhere in England to join together and not let this incident ruin their lives. RIP
    Britain

:motz:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    What's wrong with you people? This kind of attituding is disturbing in the best of times. Using the murder of dozens of innocent civilians just to score a cheap political point is utterly disgraceful.
    I completely agree. I cannot believe that people are actually complaining about the PM offering his condolences.

(Original post by Davie_Moyes)
    Britain

:motz:
    oh shut up with your PC. :mad:

EDIT: Britain is different. England is a country as its own entity you fool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vienna)
    Youre sick.
    As i said that wasnt the intention and sorry if thats how it came across. It didnt take long for the neg reps to start.

ReputationRep:
    Oh bugger off. Do you think that the Scots and Welsh were not at all affected by this?

(Original post by foxo)
    Oh bugger off. Do you think that the Scots and Welsh were not at all affected by this?
    im not saying they're not, all i am saying is that England is a country on its own, so why can't we say England.
    Everywhere was affected from it i agree, but i was making a point.

ReputationRep:

EDIT: Britain is different. England is a country as its own entity you fool.
    I disagree - today is a sad day for the whole of Great Britain, and indeed the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)

As much as the rest of England, I'd say.

(Original post by pradster)
    I disagree - today is a sad day for the whole of Great Britain, and indeed the world.
    indeed it is a sad day for the whole of great Britain and the whole world, but please accept my point, England is a country on its own.

ReputationRep:
    So is Tony Blair representing Scotland at the G8 since it is being held in Scotland?

Britain has been attacked today.

Not England.

ReputationRep:
    As much as the rest of England, I'd say.
    Exactly. Since I woke up, the matter has been the primary thing on my mind.

ReputationRep:
    im not saying they're not, all i am saying is that England is a country on its own, so why can't we say England.
    Everywhere was affected from it i agree, but i was making a point.

You can say England if you want, but the Scot who took issue with it obviously feels as affected as the English. So he pointed out that 'Britain' was more appropriate.

And I agree.

As for England being a country on its own... when the political situation surrounding it is as such and the government is involved, again, 'Britain' is more appropriate.

(Original post by Davie_Moyes)
    So is Tony Blair representing Scotland at the G8 since it is being held in Scotland?

Britain has been attacked today.

Not England.
    excusme if im wrong, England has been affected as it is part of Britain you fool. I was just making a point. ****ing hell i am upset about it aswell. and yes your right Tony Blair is representing the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SW)
    Jesus... Last I heard it was 28 dead and 150 injured...

It just keeps getting bigger and bigger

So far they have said at least 33 dead.
    This is excluding the figure from the bus, because they wont say/dont know how many were on board, and they obviously wont speculate over death figures.
    Many people are saying that it was full. Now a full double decker bus holds upto about 80 people. So if it was full, its just made this who thing much much worse.

You can say England if you want, but the Scot who took issue with it obviously feels as affected as the English. So he pointed out that 'Britain' was more appropriate.
    ok i apologise, i was only making a point that is all. I just saw no point in correcting the guy about it.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.