The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Flukey
I hope everyone is ok, and if terrorist read this at all then **** OFFF YOU BUNCH OF PATHETIC TOSSERS! :motz: :mad:

Wrong word choice, but I share your pain.
john williams
I didnt think it'd be long before people started blaming Tony Blair..so what exactly do you hold him accountable for? Do you expect him to personally check every persons bag who enters a bus or train or plane. The govt have been prepared and expected this sort of thing which is why the brilliant emergency operation in place meant the impact was minimal, however the diverse nature of threats means its impossible to make a city 100% safe. Just be glad we dont have a Tory govt or the impacts would be far worse, especially with their past records and proposed cuts to health and defence.

Are you being serious?! I think it was blindingly obvious I was talking about Tony Blairs role in increased threats from muslim extremists, not about systems we have in place to check pre-existing threats.
Flukey
excusme if im wrong, England has been affected as it is part of Britain you fool. I was just making a point. ****ing hell i am upset about it aswell. and yes your right Tony Blair is representing the UK.

No, Britain has been affected.

This has had a knock on effect throughout the United Kingdom and in Scotland.
All this is beyond the point though - regardless of what part of the country we come from, today the nation was attacked and as a country we need to unite together and face the terrorism that has caused so much grief on the streets of London face on.
Reply 1404
Davie_Moyes
No, Britain has been affected.

This has had a knock on effect throughout the United Kingdom and in Scotland.

oh bloody hell, England is part of Britain yes, so it has been affected, aswell as Scotland, Wales etc... and of course the whole world!
Vienna
Consideration for other people does appear to be your weak point.

Oooh...sharp :rolleyes:.

Doesnt make up for complete lack of substance though.
Reply 1406
pradster
All this is beyond the point though - regardless of what part of the country we come from, today the nation was attacked and as a country we need to unite together and face the terrorism that has caused so much grief on the streets of London face on.

yes here here!! Point well made :smile: :smile: :smile:
SinghFello
So far they have said at least 33 dead.
This is excluding the figure from the bus, because they wont say/dont know how many were on board, and they obviously wont speculate over death figures.
Many people are saying that it was full. Now a full double decker bus holds upto about 80 people. So if it was full, its just made this who thing much much worse.

The figure is currently 37 dead. The extra four are another two dead at Edgware Road, and two from the bus near Russell Square.

This was a live interview on BBC One with (I think) the chief of the Met police.
The BBC News website still carries a death toll of 2 people.. :confused:
I think that this attack was to make a statement, not to kill innocent people. If they wanted bloodshed, they had the potential to create it. Its almost like they are making a statement that they still have the power to bring the west down. I can see tony blair using this event as ammunition for a scare campaign to convince the public to back another war.
On the scale of terrorist attacks, so far this has been quite tame.
It is wrong to say that a certain minority (for this matter perhaps it would seem) is unaffected by this; I sympathise with many Muslim people at this time, as this attack just gives them more reason to fear "rowdy, angry patriotic Britains". It is a small number of extremist Muslim groups who carry these attacks out. The vast majority of people following the Muslim faith are peaceful and laudable and they should be given the respect equal to that of a white/black person.
pradster

Refresh the page, theyve updated it now.
Reply 1412
pradster

no it doesn't. look here http://news.bbc.co.uk/

look at the latest banner, death toll rises to 37.

It bloody horrible, i wish that death toll wouldn't keep rising! :frown: :frown: : (
pradster

Front page says 'more than 30'

And the actual story details the thirty-seven.
Reply 1414
pradster

Nope (linky)
Flukey
no it doesn't. look here http://news.bbc.co.uk/

look at the latest banner, death toll rises to 37.

It bloody horrible, i wish that death toll wouldn't keep rising! :frown: :frown: : (

I know.. no doubt some of the injured wont last considering theres 1000 of them :s:
HearTheThunder
I know.. no doubt some of the injured wont last considering theres 1000 of them :s:
I heard that 6 were in theatre a while back... I wanna know what happened to them :frown:
Reply 1417
God it's terrible. If it had taken place tomorrow instead fo today my Dad would have been on the train from Liverpool Street :eek:
kingslaw
Oooh...sharp :rolleyes:.

Doesnt make up for complete lack of substance though.

Yeh she called me "sick" when iv not said anything offensive towards the situation and was also deeply upset about it when i heard it this morning..a case of overreacting.
Reply 1419
i feel so sorry for africa aswell, it was a huge issue for the G8 summit for something to be done about Poverty, and the terrorists have ruined this today.

My greatest sympathy goes out to families that were affected from this terrible tragedy today. :frown: :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending