Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinghFello)
    I think that this attack was to make a statement, not to kill innocent people. If they wanted bloodshed, they had the potential to create it. Its almost like they are making a statement that they still have the power to bring the west down. I can see tony blair using this event as ammunition for a scare campaign to convince the public to back another war.
    On the scale of terrorist attacks, so far this has been quite tame.
    But it won't make a strong statement, other than they can bring a city to a standstill. Hopefully lessons will be learnt, but in a month's time (if that), it'll be back to normal life.. people will be using the tube and buses, etc.. and the terrorists won't have destroyed the British lifestyle. I suppose this shows who really is victorious in the end..

That's obviously a generalisation and I realise that lives have been lost and friends/family will be mourning tonight and my heart goes out to them. But life will go on, and by continuing the way we live, we're showing that the terrorists can't bring us down.

(Original post by twiga)
    God it's terrible. If it had taken place tomorrow instead fo today my Dad would have been on the train from Liverpool Street :eek:
    omg!!!! bloody hell your dad is lucky!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flukey)
    no it doesn't. look here http://news.bbc.co.uk/

look at the latest banner, death toll rises to 37.

It bloody horrible, i wish that death toll wouldn't keep rising! : (
    I changed a wrong setting earlier which caused my browser to stop updating pages unless I forced it to.. my bad

ReputationRep:
    does anyone else wonder about the choice of stations. surely more damage could have been done at waterloo, victoria, paddington and kings cross.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john williams)
    Yeh she called me "sick" when iv not said anything offensive towards the situation and was also deeply upset about it when i heard it this morning..a case of overreacting.
    To actually know why what happened today actually happened appears to be a deplorable thing to do.

Someone notify me when its OK to actually show concern about the danger innocent people in this country are under, and why we're under it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laura789)
    does anyone else wonder about the choice of stations. surely more damage could have been done at waterloo, victoria, paddington and kings cross.
    how thoughtful of you :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    yeah I was a bit surprised by that especially by the bus one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pradster)
    I changed a wrong setting earlier which caused my browser to stop updating pages unless I forced it to.. my bad
    Saying that:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/default.stm

and

http://news.bbc.co.uk/

are giving me different results..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flukey)
    omg!!!! bloody hell your dad is lucky!!!!
    I know, I'm trying to persuade him not to go tomorrow but weather he will or not is anyone's guess.

ReputationRep:
    CTRL + F5 is refresh without cache

ReputationRep:
    Well, King's X was targeted.. There's a lot of lines running through there.

I think Victoria, Waterloo and the like wouldhave cause more commuter chaos going home, but the attacks around the city make more sense in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twiga)
    Maybe it was a suicide bomber on their way to one of the other stations and they let it off accidently?
    Maybe it was aliens??

Maybe God made it happen...

Maybe a LOT of things... but we DO NOT KNOW!! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Thats right, which backs my theory that they didnt want to cause bloodshed.

Kings cross was targeted, but i think we shouldn't be thinking about what station would be more appropriate to strike, they have killed 37 people and that is devastating enough!

ReputationRep:
    and now we see how people in iraq feel like every day...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinghFello)
    Thats right, which backs my theory that they didnt want to cause bloodshed.
    symbolic perhaps? heart of the financial district and a station right opposite paddington green police station, where terror suspects are held.

ReputationRep:
    I think we should be grateful, and thank God, that there weren't many more casualties and that the terrorists didn't attack a bigger target, although this won't comfort those grieving at this very moment. My sympathy goes out too, to those affected by this awful tragedy and my prayers, and I'm sure everyone else's prayers, will be with those who have lost friends and relatives today.

(Original post by sarforaz)
    and now we see how people in iraq feel like every day...
    yes very good point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miles)
    symbolic perhaps? heart of the financial district and a station right opposite paddington green police station, where terror suspects are held.
    Yeah, the spots were well picked no doubt.

The city has been affected - stock markets have gone down in london.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miles)
    I thought this wasn't the time or place for SPECULATION?? :mad:

I wish people would concentrate on the fact that people DIED today rather than making up stupid theories!!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.