Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i believe that g8 will continue as normal.. due to what it is.. they need to do it since a postponement will reduce the current hype surrounding it which has been detracted from by the incidents in london

my worry about the london terrorist attacks is where the blame will lie.. i have faith that muslims will not suffer for the actions of people labelling themselves muslims or that have been brought up as muslims but have far too extremist views that contradict muslim views... the events of 9/11 fuelled these fears..
    what are your opinions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SW)
    Tony said that himself, it isn't a "rumour"

He said he "hopes to be back for this evening"
    Ah, I never heard him say that. I heard it on the grapevine.

Mind you, whatever Tony says usually does have the same amount of truth in it as a rumour!

(Original post by Phil23)
    really...even in central london?
    yup, he said the whole transport system will be restored. which is good.

(Original post by spangletastic)
    Ah, I never heard him say that. I heard it on the grapevine.

Mind you, whatever Tony says usually does have the same amount of truth in it as a rumour!
    typical thing to say from a tory supporter! :rofl: hehe

ReputationRep:
    the system may go back to normal but the users will not for a long time

ReputationRep:
    These terrorists are not human - but animals! Why do they do these terrible acts! There are times where i want to find the mmyself and torture and kill them. They are *******s! i get so upset and angry. Why do they take innocent lives who have done nothing wrong - it is so unfair and wrong. They should burn in hell!

HEAD BOY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HEAD BOY)
    These terrorists are not human - but animals! Why do they do these terrible acts! There are times where i want to find the mmyself and torture and kill them. They are *******s! i get so upset and angry. Why do they take innocent lives who have done nothing wrong - it is so unfair and wrong. They should burn in hell!
    Hear Hear!

(Original post by HEAD BOY)

HEAD BOY
    yeah well said head boy!!! i completley agree with you dude!!!!
    They should burn in hell. :mad: :motz:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flukey)
    yup, he said the whole transport system will be restored. which is good.

Not true - it;s highly unlikely the circle (and there for Hammersmith and City and Metropol lines) will open within the next month. Not only are they crime scenes, but they could also be structurally unsafe after the tube bomb blasts, which all happened in tunnels...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flukey)
    yeah well said head boy!!! i completley agree with you dude!!!!
    They should burn in hell. :mad: :motz:
    if we wrap them in pig skins, they will.

ReputationRep:
    one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter

Try not to breed contempt for these people; they as well as us are humans and they are fuelled by the same emotions and feelings. Hatred and contempt will not solve anything. Whilst their acts are terrible and I wholly condemn them, we must not rush into this 'revenge' mentality as surelly that is exactly how these terrorists want us to react.

(Original post by Fluffy)
    Not true - it;s highly unlikely the circle (and there for Hammersmith and City and Metropol lines) will open within the next month. Not only are they crime scenes, but they could also be structurally unsafe after the tube bomb blasts, which all happened in tunnels...
    oh yes good point, sorry was just repeating what the home secretary said. he must of said "most" of the system. sorry my bad. point well made.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juxtapiped)
    I personally think thats relativist nonsense.

ReputationRep:

Try not to breed contempt for these people; they as well as us are humans and they are fuelled by the same emotions and feelings. Hatred and contempt will not solve anything. Whilst their acts are terrible and I wholly condemn them, we must not rush into this 'revenge' mentality as surelly that is exactly how these terrorists want us to react.
    unproductive...think you are wrong there...alqueda are not fighting for freedom...they claim to be fighting for islam - damn religion causing all thse conflicts...atheism should rule sureme

pk

ReputationRep:
    Exactly - today a Muslim in my office came out with 'al-Qaeda are to muslims what the KKK are to Christians. I'm sure he probably read it elsewhere today, but it's right...

ReputationRep:

Freedom fighter eh? Seeing as Al-Quida isn't fighting for freedom, I would rule that out.

(Original post by Vienna)
    I personally think thats relativist nonsense.
    i would agree with the poster in many cases - palestine for instance, but how can attacking civilians in the uk being an attempt to fight for freedom..?
    makes no sense

ReputationRep:
    I think they will continue as normal with a little more talk on terrorism. I bet Geldof is angry.
    probably. They can't really ignore something so serious regardless. I think that spangletastic may be right when she suggests that breaking off G8 would be percieved as a victory for the terrorists, so yeh it should go on.

ReputationRep:
    according to the german news magazine "Der Focus" Al Quaida have claimed responsibility for the attacks...( http://focus.msn.de/hps/fol/newsausg...e.htm?id=16459 ) but they are the only ones reporting that i think, or have any of you heard anything about this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adarah)
    according to the german news magazine "Der Focus" Al Quaida have claimed responsibility for the attacks...( http://focus.msn.de/hps/fol/newsausg...e.htm?id=16459 ) but they are the only ones reporting that i think, or have any of you heard anything about this?
    Er - only that it's been on the BBC website since lunch time...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4660391.stm

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.