Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil23)
    you've got a sick sense of humour!
    You know you like it :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nima)
    Once again the crowd of TSR fails to disappoint; that is in their complete stupidity!

1.) No, this attack won't stop the Olympics going ahead in 7 years time because that's 7 years away. :rolleyes:

2.) The point that Blair is indirectly responsible for this is a meritable one. He and Bush decided to kill thousands in Afghanistan and Iraq for no reason other than to gain revenge for9/11 (Afghanistan) and to steal oil (iraq). Incidentally, 4 times the number that were killed in 9/11 were killed in Afghanistan. Thus the fact that, along with many people saying "its not a case of it but when", these attacks are hardly surprising as a form of revenge. Yes, Al Qaeda are *******s, yes even if the US/UK didn't attack Afghanistan and Iraq it could still have happened, but fact remains that ****ing up 2 middle eastern countries will provoke terrorism through revenge.

3.) I don't see the need in self-lucky stories page after page, the "if I was this and that then this and that then I could have died to", it's a bit pointless and a bit cold-hearted considering that real people in these real situations have died or been injured!

4.) People in Iraq and other nations experience this everyday as a result of UK/US leader decisions, as a result of constantly being elected by a population who seems to ignore the fact that they are constantly prodding at terrorist groups to attack Britain. I'll leave it at that...

5.) No the train/tube service won't be at 100% because, believe it or not, attacks took place today! Also, don't advise that "it'll be fine to use it tomorrow" because you don't know that; bombs may have been hiddneleft around and its risky.

That's all I'm going to say! I fully expect the "why don't you give your condolensces instead of making ****** political points" comments but I don't give a ****! Looking at why this happened in a logical fashion and appreciating that everyday this goes on in Iraq but we tend to not give a **** as long as we get oil is a better solution than "lets bomb them to get revenge then moan if they do something back." Not surprising it works though, just look at how dumb our population is. (Especially the American one, bloody hell.)
    The fact is that yes that going to war in iraq and afghanistan did provoke anti west setiment but it was already there neway!

And who is killing your the civilians in iraq the terrorists you ever noticed that when a car bomb goes off it says ten soldiers dead aswell as 50 civilians, the terrorists would have killed more civilians that the army by far so your point is floored there, so how can people claim to be killing the infidels to create and islamic nation when there killing more of there own people? the fact that they are willing to sacrafice 50 innocent lives to kill ten soldiers in iraq just shows these people are just plain murderers who dont care about who the kill or maim aslong as they do so and use religion as an excuse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    You know what, although I was shocked at the devastation of yesterday, I thought how much worse it was for those in Iraq and other places where they are afraid of being bombed every day.
    As oposed to fear of being tortured by Saddams regime?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Indeed fluffy, who are the peopler whoa re bombing them though the supposed freedom fighting terrorists aka the cowardly *******s who will burn in hell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rusty33)
    I understand that this is a UK university student forum, and I apologize to anyone who is offended by the fact that I registered, being from the United States. I, too am a college student. I am a junior (3rd year) at the University of Nebraska at Omaha.

I just wanted to say that everyone I know, here at home, feels the deepest of sympathies for the United Kingdom at this time, specifically those who have been immediately affected by the horrible events of the morning. I know that many Britains, especially those who are my peers, are against the participation that your government has chosen to take as an ally of the U.S. in the war on terror; specifically the one in Iraq. I can’t blame you. I can also understand if those same people feel that today’s attacks are a result of that participation.

On my campus there are many differing opinions regarding the actions taken by our government, and many differing opinions about WHO is running the government to begin with. But, I can say with 100% certainty that no one has ever brought into to question the importance of the UK, it’s government, it’s soldiers, or it’s people; or, any of our other allies. I just wanted to take the time to send my own personal condolences to you all. And, to let you know that regardless of anyone’s feelings towards the actions taken by our respective governments, that everyone I know here is thankful for the support that your country provides ours. I know if there is anything that we, as a nation, can do to help you in this time of grief, that we will do so in the most gracious manner. Thank You, again, for everything you are, and for everything that you stand for. God Bless.

~ An American Student
    I read this this morning but had to go to work. It looks like it's been a bit overlooked.
    I just want to thank you for signing up and showing your support. I phoned my dad when i heard about the explosions to check that he was okay. There was never any real chance of him being caught up in it, cos he's always at work well before the first bomb went off, but i was still worried. I can only imagine what the families of the victims are going through right now. It's such a senseless waste of life which will achieve nothing. It's comforting to all of us that people like yourself, from all over the world, are showing their support. Messages of support like this will help the people affected to pick up the pieces of their lives and return to what passes for normality these days. Thanks for taking the time and making your first post here to let us know. I'm sure it's appreciated by everyone on here.

I'm sorry this post is so disjointed, i haven't expressed myself very well at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Either way, we are thousands of times better off then they are or have been. They have probably lived almost their whole lives in fear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamlan)
    I read this this morning but had to go to work. It looks like it's been a bit overlooked.
    I'm sorry this post is so disjointed, i haven't expressed myself very well at all.
    Sorry for not replying to your post as well Rusty. Thanks for your support, and I'm sure it's well appreciated by everyone.

ReputationRep:
    I was in work when it happened. I wasn't working but visiting. I was shocked and ended up watching ITV all day until I realised it was my friends birthday tomorrow (today) and it was 4 o'clock and I had to rush into town to get a present.

Today I went to Cardiff I brought a bear in Bear factory. I was carrying him to the station and the pet carrier thing which you carry them in, with my bear and some other shopping in, was searched. I was gald to help them out and the policewoman said she liked my bear as she was packing him away.

I wasn't even going to London but it made me feel safe. I wouldn't imagine an 18 year old, 5ft 1in girl would carry a bomb in a teddy bear carrier but it was just a visable reminder of what happened and that the ES are doing their job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)
    I wouldn't imagine an 18 year old, 5ft 1in girl would carry a bomb in a teddy bear carrier.

Why not?

ReputationRep:
    Why not?
    it is possible... a dog could be a suicide bomber... hehehe.. i totally agree with you

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, it's that "so and so couldn't possibly be a..." attitude that helps people get away with ***** like this.

ReputationRep:
    (may have been linked already - 84 pages is a lot to look through!!)

But I think this is perhaps the most obsurd suggestion of responsibility

http://www.infowars.com/articles/wor...error_card.htm

why do people insist on creating links where there are none, and writing stories when none exist, just to stir the sh*t?

ReputationRep:
    If you want to talk about obsurd...

More evidence that the French are a bunch of miserable, insenisitve, [fill in with your own expletive - or use more than one... ...go on, knock yourself out].

http://static.sky.com/images/pictures/1313386.jpg

How funny. My sides are still hurting.

Not.

And it's from the New York edition - I'm sure they're all desperately trying to catch their breath in between raucous laughter...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickNack)
    (may have been linked already - 84 pages is a lot to look through!!)

But I think this is perhaps the most obsurd suggestion of responsibility

http://www.infowars.com/articles/wor...error_card.htm

why do people insist on creating links where there are none, and writing stories when none exist, just to stir the sh*t?
    Because they're a bunch of tossers with no life, and no mentionable acheivement to put to their name. It's the only way no-hopers can try to make a name for themselves.

******s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nasht)
    it is possible... a dog could be a suicide bomber... hehehe.. i totally agree with you
    That's a trick the Soviets played on the Russian Front during World War 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Either way, we are thousands of times better off then they are or have been. They have probably lived almost their whole lives in fear.
    True but I'm not sure that would be much of a comfort for those whose families and friends were caught up in the terrorist attacks on London.

ReputationRep:
    God thursdays attacks scared me so much. I use the tube very regularly - I had been in some of the affected areas just the night before, on the exact train lines, which i think brings everything closer to home. Seeing palces I am regularly at, being a subject of terrorism is scary. Fair enough, it wasnt on such a huge extent as other attacks, and people in other countries deal with bombings every day, but for people who aren't used to it, it's very different.

Having loads of friends living in central london and working at liverpool street, kings cross, and other of the main affected places, i spent thursday extremely worried, trying to get hold of people amongst the jammed phone lines.
    It's just so shocking that it all happens somewhere where im so used to going, and theres all these 'what if's - like what if happened just 8 hours before when i was there, or even 10 minutes before when my mate was on the tube.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BellaCat)
    True but I'm not sure that would be much of a comfort for those whose families and friends were caught up in the terrorist attacks on London.
    I know that it's no comfort to the families, I'm just saying what I thought a few hours later.

ReputationRep:
    According to the news...

The bombs did not go off over a period of time but went off within seconds of each other

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    According to the news...

The bombs did not go off over a period of time but went off within seconds of each other
    3 of the train bombs at least. The bus bomb went off a bit later.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.