Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    3 of the train bombs at least. The bus bomb went off a bit later.
    Yeah that's what I mean.. makes the whole thing seem more sophisticated

ReputationRep:
    There's still about 20-odd bodies left to recover at the Kings Cross site.

ReputationRep:
    Oo just heard on the radio: "Manchester Train Station closed for 'security reasons'" (picadilly I think)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know the latest regarding the above ^^^^post?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saree)
    Anyone know the latest regarding the above ^^^^post?
    i text tednol but hes in new york the cheeky bugger

ReputationRep:
    Bookshop Waterstone's has pulled adverts for a novel called Incendiary about a "massive terrorist attack" in London, which came out on Thursday.

^^ Weird co incidence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    Bookshop Waterstone's has pulled adverts for a novel called Incendiary about a "massive terrorist attack" in London, which came out on Thursday.

^^ Weird co incidence
    Wow, tell me about it!

ReputationRep:
    I went into the city of london today, and passed westminster, liverpool street and that general area that was affected on thursday...it was normal...the brits are resilient, so IN YOUR FACE YOU TERRORISTS!!!! you have not achieved your objective and never will:cool:

pk

ReputationRep:
    I'm just wondering, has anyone got any young brothers or sisters? And how have they been affected by the bombings? What have been their reactions? My nine year old brother was worried about me, and even just now, randomly said, I don't want to lose you. Also, he's distinguished the fact that even if Al Qaeda did the bombings, they aren't true muslims, and he came up with the example of Saddam Hussein. It is amazing just how much young children understand about what's happening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I'm just wondering, has anyone got any young brothers or sisters? And how have they been affected by the bombings? What have been their reactions? My nine year old brother was worried about me, and even just now, randomly said, I don't want to lose you. Also, he's distinguished the fact that even if Al Qaeda did the bombings, they aren't true muslims, and he came up with the example of Saddam Hussein. It is amazing just how much young children understand about what's happening.
    I overheard several young kids talking about 'that bombing in London the pakis did'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jump)
    I overheard several young kids talking about 'that bombing in London the pakis did'
    Uh oh, not very good. I hate that attitude. To be honest, that might be the sort of attitude which the parents might have passed down to theiur kids. I just hope that common sense prevails for everyone, and they don't start going at the muslims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    i have a 9year old sister.. i think she's worrying about the incident, especially as our dad works next to aldgate. The thing is, she's the type who will bottle things up, to stop upsetting other people. I've tried helping her, showing her a children's news site, which gives reassurance. I hope it helps.

ReputationRep:
    security alert in birmingham just been announced

ReputationRep:
    Eh? Did they say why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Eh? Did they say why?
    no they just said stay away from the city :s:

ReputationRep:
    Where'd you hear it?

ReputationRep:
    They're evacuating the city centre now.

Pad: Radio 5 Live.

ReputationRep:
    Just thought I'd point out that there are bound to be many more security alerts and bomb scare evacuations than before the bombs on Thursday. But chances are that the number of 'suspect packages' haven't increased. In the aftermath of the attack, people are much more aware of the importance of reporting what they consider to be suspicious where before it would have been ignored. People are also naturally more vigilant.

So don't worry about there being more security alerts than normal.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently some roads have been closed and the clubs etc have been evacuated (so there's a good 30,000 confused people on the streets)

ReputationRep:
    The Brum reports have made it onto BBC News online, if anyone was interested.

Not much there, as it's breaking news, like.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/4668313.stm

Middle east in the URL? Eh?

EDIT: This is speculation and hearsay, as putting it in this thread implies a link. That is a very very slim chance, especially as by no means does it definitely mean something's up. Disclaimer, that.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.