Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogtanian)
    The Brum reports have made it onto BBC News online, if anyone was interested.

Not much there, as it's breaking news, like.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/4668313.stm

Middle east in the URL? Eh?

EDIT: This is speculation and hearsay, as putting it in this thread implies a link. That is a very very slim chance, especially as by no means does it definitely mean something's up. Disclaimer, that.
    Some old woman who lives on the next road just wanted some peace and quiet, obviously!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kavanne)
    Some old woman who lives on the next road just wanted some peace and quiet, obviously!

Haha, Sirens, or chavs? Sirens, or chavs?

ReputationRep:
    The Brum reports have made it onto BBC News online, if anyone was interested.

Not much there, as it's breaking news, like.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/4668313.stm

Middle east in the URL? Eh?

EDIT: This is speculation and hearsay, as putting it in this thread implies a link. That is a very very slim chance, especially as by no means does it definitely mean something's up. Disclaimer, that.
    Oh no, not another potential attack. Why Birmingham and not other cities (I just hope Birmingham won't have any attacks)? This is weird that they have intelligence suggesting an attack on Birmingham and not London (according to BBC).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I'm just wondering, has anyone got any young brothers or sisters? And how have they been affected by the bombings? What have been their reactions? My nine year old brother was worried about me, and even just now, randomly said, I don't want to lose you. Also, he's distinguished the fact that even if Al Qaeda did the bombings, they aren't true muslims, and he came up with the example of Saddam Hussein. It is amazing just how much young children understand about what's happening.
    Omg that just made me cry. ;_;
    My parents never seem too bothered, they think they're invincible or something, which I reckon they've passed onto my brother and sister (aged 14 and 11). My sister was 9 when 9/11 happened and she didn't have a clue what was happening in the world :eek:
    My dad was in London on 7/7, I was terrified, ringing him/mum/my house, and I don't think the thought would have even occured to my brother and sister. :cool: We've not talked about it as a family and I wouldn't want to.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, Sirens, or chavs? Sirens, or chavs?
    I'd rather have sirens.. they don't have bass!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    Oh no, not another potential attack. Why Birmingham and not other cities (I just hope Birmingham won't have any attacks)? This is weird that they have intelligence suggesting an attack on Birmingham and not London (according to BBC).
    Er because Birmingham is the UK's second city.
    Because there is an historical precedent for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kavanne)
    I'd rather have sirens.. they don't have bass!
    bass can be good...

On reflection, chavs usually come with sirens anyway. So maybe this is just a compromise.

ReputationRep:
    trev: there are 'potential attacks' almost every day, even before Thursday. Places are evacuated for security alerts all the time. Don't worry, and don't hype it up. Certainly not until we know more.

ReputationRep:
    bass can be good...

On reflection, chavs usually come with sirens anyway. So maybe this is just a compromise.
    Would an old woman like bass?

ReputationRep:
    Ah, you were thinking from the perspective of the elderly. It's quite clear now.

ho hum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goody1)
    Tbh this is so short sighted
    I don't care what it is, it makes sense. Yes that probably means in your eyes it's short sighted because you try and second guess what every party involved thinks, but fact remains theres a pattern of attack and revenge.

The fact is that yes that going to war in iraq and afghanistan did provoke anti west setiment but it was already there neway!
    Yes, so obviously you agree with me, I said this already, why bother repeating it and implying that I thought there were no anti-west sentiments prior to all of this?

And who is killing your the civilians in iraq the terrorists you ever noticed that when a car bomb goes off it says ten soldiers dead aswell as 50 civilians, the terrorists would have killed more civilians that the army by far so your point is floored there, so how can people claim to be killing the infidels to create and islamic nation when there killing more of there own people? the fact that they are willing to sacrafice 50 innocent lives to kill ten soldiers in iraq just shows these people are just plain murderers who dont care about who the kill or maim aslong as they do so and use religion as an excuse.
    Yes, I do notice that Al Qaeda isn't a friendly group who agree to deals straightforwardly and I do realise they kill people. But only idiots like you think "kill a bit less and this action hopefully results in stopping the killings of otherwise a bit more, so it's the best option."
    Also, the "terrorists would have killed more" idea is purely guesswork; Bush retaliated to September 11th by killing 3-4 times the number in Afghanistan, who killed more there ehh? Ohh your argument goes down the toilet there...

if our population is so dumb blah blah go back to were you came from then.
    Ohh back to Leeds? Sorry brainwashed white **** but I'm already living in Leeds, your stupidity is further shown here because you've gradually changed the terrorist attacks/wars issue into a racial/ethnic one.

Also, I had major trouble deciphering what you've been saying, it was extremely difficult because the puntuation was so poor and thus the paragraph unreadable. Isn't it a shame that a foreign **** like me is so much cleverer than you and will be more influential than a dimwitted white **** like you? Yep.

Also one last thing, Iran isn't the same as Iraq. It's a shame that you try to put views across and you don't even have a clue what countries you're talking about. Any old foreign place ehh? Haha get some basic geography lessons please.

ReputationRep:
    Goody1, if you want to argue, take it to D&D - and don't make racially provocative statements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Why not?
    Because I am not stupid enough to reply "Sure officer" and hand over my teddy bear if it turned out Tubbs (my bear) was a bomb.

Nah, I mean at the time I had my hair down and straighten so it knocked a few years off my age (a woman asked for my id when I went to buy a 15 dvd - I flashed my driving licence at her.)

I know its the person you least expect but I'd be very very surprise if at the end of the day teenagers did this. It has to be someone more mature (physically not mentally) to do this.

ReputationRep:
    we are not afraid of the bomers
    http://www.werenotafraid.com/
    it baskly peple making image whith the words we are not affrad of terisam ok i found out that this site was only set up a cople of days ago just because of london boming it is worth a look

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    Yeah that's what I mean.. makes the whole thing seem more sophisticated
    Why? They already knew that these were professional explosives - a timer device would mean it could actually be less sophisitcated.. ... a one man band or similar...

ReputationRep:
    the_sand_man (me) we are not afraid of the bomers
    http://www.werenotafraid.com/
    baskly peple making image whith the words we are not affrad of terisam ok i found out that this site was only set up a cople of days ago just because of london boming it is worth a look
    there is a lot more
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    One of my neighbours is missing. She's my cousin's friend and would have been travelling to work at that time to Russel Square. I really hope she's ok. How much chance of survival is there if the missing are trapped in the carriage? Is it most likely that those in the carriage are not alive. All we and the families involved with the missing can do is hope and pray that their loved ones are brought back alive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    One of my neighbours is missing. She's my cousin's friend and would have been travelling to work at that time to Russel Square. I really hope she's ok. How much chance of survival is there if the missing are trapped in the carriage? Is it most likely that those in the carriage are not alive. All we and the families involved with the missing can do is hope and pray that their loved ones are brought back alive.
    A person can only go about 3 days without water, and that's when the individual is in good health, so if someone were injured and stuck in a carriage, the outlook is, unfortunately, not very promising. Though, I hope very much to be wrong in my doubt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychic_satori)
    A person can only go about 3 days without water, and that's when the individual is in good health, so if someone were injured and stuck in a carriage, the outlook is, unfortunately, not very promising. Though, I hope very much to be wrong in my doubt.
    The police have already said there's nobody alive in the wreckage, haven't they? :confused: They used sensors and the like..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miles)
    The police have already said there's nobody alive in the wreckage, haven't they? :confused: They used sensors and the like..?
    Oh, I have no idea. Hurricane Dennis has bumped coverage of Britain out of the news here.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.