Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know when the list of names of those who died will be given to the public? :confused:

When they are identified i guess.... and relatives/family told

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bouncy)
    When they are identified i guess.... and relatives/family told
    i heard that 3 out of the 52 is it? have been identified.
    in an interview today the guy said somethng like they arent finding complete bodies but parts. that is horrible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    i heard that 3 out of the 52 is it? have been identified.
    in an interview today the guy said somethng like they arent finding complete bodies but parts. that is horrible
    And plus, the heat is causing the bodies to what's the word? You know, making them unidentifiable or tough to identify the longer they leave it.

(Original post by Xenon)
    And plus, the heat is causing the bodies to what's the word? You know, making them unidentifiable or tough to identify the longer they leave it.
    I know the word.... but i cant actually bring myself to say it... how odd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Decompose. Its not the best conditions for the body and by the time there recovered it'll be tough and awful for the fmilies to make an accurate ID visually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    yeah i get what u mean, thats horrible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frost105)
    Decompose. Its not the best conditions for the body and by the time there recovered it'll be tough and awful for the fmilies to make an accurate ID visually.
    id probably be haunted for the rest of my life if i saw someone close to me in such a state....dont know how the families and friends are taking all of this.

At least unlike the tsunami, more people have medical/dental records and the like...

ReputationRep:
    id probably be haunted for the rest of my life if i saw someone close to me in such a state....dont know how the families and friends are taking all of this.
    Its far from pleasant. I worked in a morgue down south for a few summers and its not nice at all. I feel so much for the families who lissing someone-its not something I could ever imagine

ReputationRep:
    At least unlike the tsunami, more people have medical/dental records and the like...
    true....

ReputationRep:
    Must be awful. I mean, my mum was getting a bit worried when she couldn't get hold of me on thursday, because I was at Russel Square. That was only for about 30 minutes. To think that these people have been feeling that for days, it's awful!

ReputationRep:
    true...not about whether they will be identified..just a matter of time - unless foreigners were amonst the fatalities...then it'll take a bit longer to identify them

(Original post by Phil23)
    true...not about whether they will be identified..just a matter of time - unless foreigners were amonst the fatalities...then it'll take a bit longer to identify them
    yeh, repatriation and stuff

must be so horrible, not knowing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Must be awful. I mean, my mum was getting a bit worried when she couldn't get hold of me on thursday, because I was at Russel Square. That was only for about 30 minutes. To think that these people have been feeling that for days, it's awful!
    half an hour can seem like forever in such a situation.... i cant imagine how these people feel

ReputationRep:
    I lay awake unable to sleep last night.

It was after reading about the experiences of a copper in the underground. He walked past what he thought was a pile of clothing, only to hear a cry for help. The clothes were infact a women who'd had both her arms and legs blown off. He believes she later died on the concourse.

R.I.P.

How on earth can the scum who did this square what they are doing with religion? What is more astounding is the number of them involved, surely tens of thousands worldwide who are prepared to carry out such acts.

I dearly hope these people aren't British citizens. It's academic for the dead, the injured and the bereaved but its even more horrifying to think people who've been raised in our society can attack us like dogs.

ReputationRep:
    One of my close friends still has a work colleague missing. The police have unoffically told her parents and boyfriend that she is dead - killed on the Piccadilly Line.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, if the bodies are in bad condition, the investigators may have families identify loved ones that don't have ID based on clothing or jewelry. Of course, insurance companies will probably require DNA tests on the bodies, as well, so that may also spare families from having to ID based on the body itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychic_satori)
    Actually, if the bodies are in bad condition, the investigators may have families identify loved ones that don't have ID based on clothing or jewelry. Of course, insurance companies will probably require DNA tests on the bodies, as well, so that may also spare families from having to ID based on the body itself.

The bodies will be in a horrific condition - some are still down on the Piccadilly Line - it was 60 degrees F down there during the relative coolness of last week - yesterday and today have been schorchers here in central London...

Plus you can only make a positive ID based on a positive family ID or forensics. You can't give a positive ID based on jewellery/tattoos/etc. All the police can do is to tell the family that it is highly probably that their loved one is dead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    The bodies will be in a horrific condition - some are still down on the Piccadilly Line - it was 60 degrees F down there during the relative coolness of last week - yesterday and today have been schorchers here in central London...

Plus you can only make a positive ID based on a positive family ID or forensics. You can't give a positive ID based on jewellery/tattoos/etc. All the police can do is to tell the family that it is highly probably that their loved one is dead.
    Like I said, they'll do either DNA tests or use dental records for positive identification, but, in cases such as this, they normally will allow families of missing people to examine recovered jewelry or possessions, as it will give them some closure before the definitive tests have been run.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.