Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychic_satori)
    Like I said, they'll do either DNA tests or use dental records for positive identification, but, in cases such as this, they normally will allow families of missing people to examine recovered jewelry or possessions, as it will give them some closure before the definitive tests have been run.
    See my post above. It gives no closure.

In the absence of a positive visual ID by next of kin/their representative, they need to conduct 2 tests of forensic ID. That's what's taking so long.

ReputationRep:
    Four homes in West Yorkshire have been searched by police investigating last week's London bombings - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4674463.stm

Two-minute silence
    Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, Tessa Jowell and Mayor of London Ken Livingstone have announced that a two-minute silence for victims of the London bombings to take place at 12pm on Thursday 14 July 2005.

http://www.londonprepared.gov.uk/

ReputationRep:
    apparantly theres been a controlled explosion in leeds and 500 people have been evacuated

omg when??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo-less)
    omg when??
    its happening right now....the news is abit vague but its just saying that armed police have entered the house and carried out a controlled explosion

ReputationRep:
    its on hyde park road in burley. Also theres summat in Beasley i think.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Luton station has been evacuated
    sky news

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/default.stm#

In addition to what Gibb said there has been an evacuation in Luton station. Parts of Luton university has been closed, and a car in the car park might be linked to the London bombings. There has been a controlled explosion in the Luton car park on the car. Furthermore, there has been arrests in Leeds/west Yorkshire an a control explosion. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4674463.stm

ReputationRep:
    Police update at 17:00 (BST)

Update: Police says the bomber on the Bus died in the explosion.

ReputationRep:
    Update on the update: 4 bombers dies in the attack

I tell you what guys, the Police, MI5, secret service etc... are doing a bloody fantastic job, same goes to all the emergency services

ReputationRep:
    Update: second controlled explosion in Luton shortly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GiBB)
    Update on the update: 4 bombers dies in the attack
    Eh?? I thought the ones on the tube were timed devices?

(Original post by trev)
    Update: second controlled explosion in Luton shortly
    :eek: wheres your news source, bbc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flukey)
    I tell you what guys, the Police, MI5, secret service etc... are doing a bloody fantastic job, same goes to all the emergency services
    Totally agree with you. I can't believe the found loads of evidence in a few days time. In the US, it took them a bit longer, but at least the US found evidence for their attacks though.

(Original post by Flukey)
    :eek: wheres your news source, bbc?
    Yes, BBC news on the internet.

why are they carrying out these controlled explosions anyway?

(Original post by trev)
    Totally agree with you. I can't believe the found loads of evidence in a few days time. In the US, it took them a bit longer, but at least the US found evidence for their attacks though.

Yes, BBC news on the internet.
    yeah true but then again the population is 295 million in US so more people to look for then 60 million in the UK. :rolleyes:

im very proud of my country at the moment

*salutes Union jack*

*puts on God Save The Queen*

Mod make this sticky again please, no doubt there will be more big news headlines involving terrorism.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.