Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    BBC news player and security sources: the bombers are British born

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flukey)
    yeah true but then again the population is 295 million in US so more people to look for then 60 million in the UK. :rolleyes:

im very proud of my country at the moment

*salutes Union jack*

*puts on God Save The Queen*
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    BBC news player and security sources: the 4 bombers are British born
    4 ?? I thought there was only 1.. on the bus.. and the other 3 were timed devices??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    4 ?? I thought there was only 1.. on the bus.. and the other 3 were timed devices??
    I heard that on BBC news on the internet.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: not really related ... but
    blast at shopping mall in isreal

FFS when will they learn terrorism will not succeed

ReputationRep:
    BBC news player on the internet: 3 bombers were suicide bombers, and all the bombers died.

ReputationRep:
    Conference is taking place now

ReputationRep:
    Conference is taking place now
    I'm listening to it on the internet right now on BBC.

Since all bombers died, 1 died in Aldgate. 1 men arrested in West Yorkshire.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently they've traced at least one of the bombers back to West Yorkshire (Conference)

ReputationRep:
    Bomb Alert at Westminister (ITV News)

ReputationRep:
    The Police are examining a second car at Leighton Buzzard.

ReputationRep:
    "Explosives found in car at Luton Station" - ITV

ReputationRep:
    The police, intelligence services are doing an amazing job the way they are carrying it out but I must admit it's freaking me out slightly! I live so close to Leeds and it's really quite scary to think they were so near! :eek: The BNP often scaremonger here (in Bradford) and after they've used the pics of the bus bomb for propaganda I'm worried they'll do it again, especially since it's so close!

I was watching sky news earlier and they seemed to be under the impression that all 4 bombers died in the explosions...I think they'd traced 3 of them back to West Yorkshire and thought the other joined them on the train to Kings Cross in Luton. At the mo they're being careful not to say "suicide bomber" apparently because I don't think they can be certain just yet. They seem to know exactly what they're doing though...

It's a bit chilling! :eek:

Was the Parliament scare a false alarm does anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4677219.stm

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4677219.stm
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    This incident is really horrible. I mean what do they really want? Attention, or fear? I hate terrorists, they are just destroying other lives.

ReputationRep:
    "Explosives found in car at Luton Station" - ITV
    Oh, so they were explosives! :eek: They said that they were going to carry out controlled explosions on the car. That's a bit scary!

ReputationRep:
    The explosion in Leeds was used to gain access into the house (all the houses round there have metal security doors). Apparently the people the evacuated earlier have been put up in temporary housing for the night. (according to my friend whose caught up in it)

Its all a bit worrying though, I lived 5 minutes from Hyde Park Road when I was in Leeds!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm....if it was the terrorist's car then maybe that's why there were explosives in it? Maybe they were ones that were left behind that they didn't take with them to London or something? Unless they had some kind of timer on them to blow the car up? :confused: I don't really understand explosives! lol!

Ditzy I didn't realise the doors were metal hehe that explains a lot! Thanks the whole incident isn't too far from me....a fair distance I suppose but I often get the bus to Leeds to go shopping etc....my gran lives pretty close to Burley though which is where one of the big raids is! I'm going to see her tomorrow as well! Hopefully Burley isn't on the bus route! It'll all be a bit scary if it is! :eek:

I'm glad they seem to be finding who did it at least, although it's a bit close to home for my liking! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    It is thought that most of the London bombers were from Leeds. How sad it must be for you to know that terrorist cells are in your town. And all this police activity most be quite frightening.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.