Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shortysally)
    Hmm....if it was the terrorist's car then maybe that's why there were explosives in it? Maybe they were ones that were left behind that they didn't take with them to London or something? Unless they had some kind of timer on them to blow the car up? :confused: I don't really understand explosives! lol!

Ditzy I didn't realise the doors were metal hehe that explains a lot! Thanks the whole incident isn't too far from me....a fair distance I suppose but I often get the bus to Leeds to go shopping etc....my gran lives pretty close to Burley though which is where one of the big raids is! I'm going to see her tomorrow as well! Hopefully Burley isn't on the bus route! It'll all be a bit scary if it is! :eek:

I'm glad they seem to be finding who did it at least, although it's a bit close to home for my liking! :eek:
    Look at it this way, if they've arrested people you're safer than you were yesterday. Just be aware that the bus journey might take longer because roads might still be closed etc. As far as I know Burley isn't on the Bradford bus route though (going on my vague knowledge of the city centre buses!!)

I know what you mean about close to home, they arrested the first 9/11 people in Leicester!! (not that far from me)

ReputationRep:
    The neighbours of the terrorists, who appeared on the news, seem quite amused by all the media attention. I suppose it is perverse, but they do get a bit of fame from it all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ditzy)
    Look at it this way, if they've arrested people you're safer than you were yesterday. Just be aware that the bus journey might take longer because roads might still be closed etc. As far as I know Burley isn't on the Bradford bus route though (going on my vague knowledge of the city centre buses!!)

I know what you mean about close to home, they arrested the first 9/11 people in Leicester!! (not that far from me)
    Yeah I wasn't so much thinking of being terrorist attacked as getting caught in traffic and closed roads! hehe! Well the bus I'll be getting will run from Bradford interchange to Otley..I just looked online and it seems to go through Guiseley and Menston so hopefully it should be okay! So long as they don't raid any houses in any of those places!

The 9/11 thing must have been scary for you too!!! I don't suppose I'm scared now, just shocked I guess!

*shudders*!

ReputationRep:
    There'll be riots if they're not careful and they're creating more fear and hysteria. It doesn't bother me too much but then I'm from outside Leeds and not on that street.

ReputationRep:
    when i watched ITV news earlier today. this chav muslim was acting all bad saying "well...whys every1 blamin the muslims" "why'd these peoples blow up their own kind?" and he has this really gay actions in front of the camera...people like him should be shot! its peops like him that end up becoming suicide bombers! disillusioned muslims:mad: - why can't they just adapt to survive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil23)
    when i watched ITV news earlier today. this chav muslim was acting all bad saying "well...whys every1 blamin the muslims" "why'd these peoples blow up their own kind?" and he has this really gay actions in front of the camera...people like him should be shot! its peops like him that end up becoming suicide bombers! disillusioned muslims:mad: - why can't they just adapt to survive?
    Because people keep saying that they should be shot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soulsussed)
    There'll be riots if they're not careful and they're creating more fear and hysteria. It doesn't bother me too much but then I'm from outside Leeds and not on that street.
    Most of the riots if not all have been initiated by the BNP who were extremely active at the time in the areas where riot occured..of course they deny such things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexdel)
    Most of the riots if not all have been initiated by the BNP who were extremely active at the time in the areas where riot occured..of course they deny such things.
    *nods*

Most definitely...if they do it again I will be so, so SO angry....I'm not holding my breath, they're a bunch of idiots!

I'm reatively close to it but not directly in Leeds...I go there a lot though and it is scary to think how near they were! :eek:

They had some real characters from the scene of the raids talking on the local BBC news though, they do seem to be kind of .....enjoying is the wrong word, but I suppose it's a bit of fame like TheVlad said...Saying that it is horrible and shocking at the same time......still kind of shocked myself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolboy17)
    It is thought that most of the London bombers were from Leeds. How sad it must be for you to know that terrorist cells are in your town. And all this police activity most be quite frightening.
    I'd have thought it would be safe to assume there are terrorist cells in most major towns/cities?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prad)
    I'd have thought it would be safe to assume there are terrorist cells in most major towns/cities?
    Very good point!

Makes it even scarier! :eek:

Grrr terrorists

ReputationRep:
    I was surprised they weren't from Wood Green in North London.
    Every other terrorist suspect originates from there.

Suicide bombers - this says a lot about what are government are prepared to put up with before autrocities such as this will hopefully change their policies.

ReputationRep:
    it would take a racist/mild-racist to be involved in the riots against muslims if they listen to the BNP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    I was surprised they weren't from Wood Green in North London.
    Every other terrorist suspect originates from there.

Suicide bombers - this says a lot about what are government are prepared to put up with before autrocities such as this will hopefully change their policies.
    Too late now, if the government back off then the terrorists get what they want. Action should of been sooner, i think now its got this far, the government should finnish what it has started and make iraq a better place.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just concerned as to what the BNP will do around here now. They've been bad enough before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nas7232)
    it would take a racist/mild-racist to be involved in the riots against muslims if they listen to the BNP.
    I'm reluctant to go along with the argument that the BNP would deliberately provoke mass riots.

I do think though that many people (mainly from the 'working' class who are on the receiving end of most of the negatives from multiculturalism) want to express their anger and fear.

Suppression comes easy to the British, they're not easily riled, but a trigger such as a Pakistani youth raping a girl or a shooting incident, might easily kick things off. People need an outlet. Irrational but...

Hopefully not anyway.

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4677601.stm

ReputationRep:
    OSHFOUHSDUHHLDSFLISFUHDHLUISFELI HU OMG

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    OSHFOUHSDUHHLDSFLISFUHDHLUISFELI HU OMG
    Interesting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    Interesting?
    I'd say. They've done raids on my street.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    I'd say. They've done raids on my street.
    :eek: and I thought I was close to the action being about 30mins from aylesbury! It's a bit scary all the luton/aylesbury stuff seeing as I went through both of them last thursday evening

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.