Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Question....I checked my results at results.ibo.org, entered my pin and password and everything. I only took two exams in May. They are listed there, to the right of which I think are my scores, at least I hope they are! I'm skeptical because above in my personal information it says "category: anticipated." Does everyone's say that? Or does that mean that the scores on the screen are the predicted scores my teacher gave me? Or are they the real thing?

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    I have category: diploma....dunno why you have anticipated. Call you IBC

ReputationRep:
    marosu do you have a year left of the IB? last year, after completing just a year of the IB program, i took one exam and at that point was listed as anticipated (and this year i have category:diploma as well).

otherwise, it could be that you're not a full-diploma student, and just taking a few certificate courses...? i dont know, i wouldn't worry tooooo much about it, contact your IBC otherwise, just to make sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovina)
    marosu do you have a year left of the IB? last year, after completing just a year of the IB program, i took one exam and at that point was listed as anticipated (and this year i have category:diploma as well).

otherwise, it could be that you're not a full-diploma student, and just taking a few certificate courses...? i dont know, i wouldn't worry tooooo much about it, contact your IBC otherwise, just to make sure.

Yup. I still have a year left of IB. Oh joy. So from what you're saying I guess those are my real scores.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marosu)
    Yup. I still have a year left of IB. Oh joy. So from what you're saying I guess those are my real scores.
    then u r in the 'ancitipated category' and njoy ur 2nd year.

ReputationRep:
    There are some categories: Diploma, Anticipated, Certificate and Retake. Anticipated is split session candidate (some exams in first year). Certificate is not doing all subjects and usually not doing CAS, TOK and EE - gets only certificates for certain subjects. Diploma and retake are clear, I hope. Category should be indicated by the letter before your candidate number (D, C, A, R, E) - E is for extra subject and I am not sure, if it is category or not.

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.